Job description / Role
Data Center Experience is Mandatory
• The primary responsibility of the position is to manage (operationally) the datacenters mechanical (cooling and Plumbing) infrastructure.
• Ability to collaborate with project team to establish new infrastructure equipment standards and operational methods for all the data centers and to ensure that existing standards are implemented.
• Hold primary responsibility for the maintenance of data center mechanical equipment from HVAC to complex piping and plumbing works.
• Using industry best practices ensure proper cooling analysis such as CFD analysis.
• Liaise with Operations Management team, facilities, IT teams, and procurement to insure that all projects progress smoothly, on schedule, and within budget.
• These projects include new installations, operational changes, scheduled maintenance, and equipment upgrades.
• Manage contracts related to data center infrastructure, liaise with legal on contracts, and work directly with contractors to ensure timely completion of all work.
• Stay abreast of industry trends and new technologies related to cooling, monitoring systems, and floor layout.
• Propose and prototype new standards based on new technology.
• Develop new best practices that will reduce unscheduled downtime, improve operations, reliability, safety, and energy efficiency.
• Ensure best practices and global standards are in place for the data center.
• Perform daily checks of HVAC, BMS, and life safety systems.
• Collect and analyze data on various compute systems, maintain historical records, and provide management with statistical analysis as requested.
• Monitor and adjust cooling in the data center using DCIM and BMS to maintain optimal operating and environmental conditions.
• Maintain records on all work performed, contracts, and equipment includi
• Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering.
• Five (5) years’ experience and technical certifications on HVAC systems and cooling technologies from accredited bodies like Uptime.
• Must possess a degree in engineering and have two (2) years’ experience with complex HVAC systems, megawatt DC thermal design and management, and experience with mission critical facilities.
Demonstrated experience and familiarity with:
• HAVC management, conditioning, and cooling technology options, costs and tradeoffs.
• Familiarity with datacenter guidelines and standards especially Tier III design standards and ASME/ASHRAE/NFPA.
• Annual budgets, maintenance schedules, contract administration, and managing contractors.
• Capacity planning for new compute and storage equipment installs.
• Responding to scheduled and unscheduled outages.
Demonstrated ability to:
• Work collaboratively with the local campus facilities engineers and IT teams.
• Communicate effectively (written & oral) across cross functional teams.
• Take independent action during emergencies.
About the Company
Executive Solutions is a different breed of talent consultancy. Driven by a unique philosophy, we think differently and act differently from the pack. Were here to do one thing: to improve our clients businesses by finding, focusing and delivering the most talented people.
We dont just do traditional contingency recruitment. Discovering talent is much more than just matching a CV to a vacancy - its about understanding companys corporate culture and ensuring a comprehensive match. We believe that in order to find the right candidate we must understand the motivations and ambitions of senior management, which is reflected in our personal approach when partnering with a client.
Executive Solutions is your trusted talent solutions partner head quartered in Dubai, specialising in direct talent, tailored talent and HR talent solutions, along with Nationalisation initiatives throughout the Middle East. Driven by a unique philosophy, we incorporate innovative and comprehensive talent management solutions each tailored to suit what our clients need.
Mechanical Construction Engineer - EPC Contractor
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical - Pre-Construction / QS Engineer
One Of The Leading Manufacturing Companies In UAE
Sr. Mechanical Engineer for a Construction and Engineering Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Mechanical Engineering Intern
Quest Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||16 Mar|