Job description / Role
Data Center Experience is Mandatory
The Data Center Operations Manager is the leader of data center operations, responsible for 24x7 operations of the data center facility. Job duties include ensuring proper operations and maintenance of the data centers and related infrastructure within the building, physical security, compliance, and oversight of construction projects affecting the data center.
The Data Center Operations Manager is part of the team responsible for physical security, maintenance, and construction projects which affect portions of the building other than the data center, and may be called upon to manage those aspects in a back-up role.
Successful individual will develop and manage site-specific procedures, maintenance strategies, operating budgets and support contracts.
The Data Center Operations Manager will have a broad range of duties – including 24/7 on-call response and support, vendor oversight, interaction with development staff and consultants. The Data Center Operations Manager will promote the company’s culture and ensure data center customer satisfaction.
The Data Center Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring continuous availability for the company’s data center customers. Construction activity (possibly multiple simultaneous construction projects at times) will occur over a long period of time.
The Data Center Operations Manager is the primary point of contact for the company’s data center customers and shall strive to maintain the highest levels of customer service.
The Data Center Operations Manager will use the on-site engineering and building staff as resources to execute data center responsibilities. The Data Center Operations Manager will ensure the O&M Vendors are properly staffed and trained.
• Operate the data center program to achieve 100% uptime and customer service level agreement (SLA) compliance.
• Ensure the facility complies with governmental regulations and policies (per the Operations Policy Manual).
• Interact with regulators and auditors, as needed.
• Manage the development, implementation and administration of operational processes, programs and systems.
• Lead the operations team on-site
• Orient, train, evaluate and develop operating engineers.
• When necessary recommend disciplinary actions.
• Assign personnel to various tasks, direct activities, and monitor progress to ensure objectives are achieved.
• Demonstrate effective team management and supervisory skills including planning, priority setting, conflict resolution, and managing multiple efforts concurrently.
• Provide oversight and guidance to staff for a variety of projects within the Data Center.
• Serve as on-site owner’s representative for the company’s development team
• Review drawings and interact with consultants.
• Ensure construction activities do not negatively affect operational activities.
• Interact and assist the business development team with items such as tours of potential clients, technical advice, and review of proposed contracts.
• Administer the data center energy conservation program.
• Identify projects that add value and save money and procure funds.
• Produce reports, including Energy Star and internal company reports.
• Conduct capacity planning for the data center.
• Oversee the data center master plan and modify as appropriate to adjust for changing circumstances.
• Coordinate with clients; ensure proper notification and communication.
• Interact with carriers and manage building telecommunication facilities.
• Manage the budget to meet or exceed goals and comply with applicable accounting requirements.
• Review, recommend and implement additions, modifications, and improvements to the facility.
• Manage and oversee the repair and maintenance of equipment; assign work orders ensuring safety and production related orders are highest priority.
• Manage data center maintenance programs and ensure schedule is adhered to and coordinated with production requirements and Data Center objectives.
• Record keeping, documentation, and reports monitoring labor and material usage.
• Obtain and review vendor bids for maintenance, support and repairs; determine appropriate vendor, ensure vendor adheres to quality, scheduling, budgetary guidelines, policies, procedures and standards.
• Establish methods and procedures for work activities; identify and resolve operational problems; and communicate expertise and approval concerning activities.
• Develop and maintain work plans, estimates, and schedules for customer installation projects.
• Participate as a member of the Operations Management Team, which seeks to continuously improve how we do business.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors in any Engineering discipline.
• Preferably Electrical or Mechanical.
• MBA would be additional advantage.
• Certification or diploma in Facilities Management or from accredited organization like Uptime Institute.
• 8-10 Years work experience in data center and facilities management environment.
• Excellent management skills
• Ability to lead and mentor teams in operational environment.
About the Company
Executive Solutions is a different breed of talent consultancy. Driven by a unique philosophy, we think differently and act differently from the pack. Were here to do one thing: to improve our clients businesses by finding, focusing and delivering the most talented people.
We dont just do traditional contingency recruitment. Discovering talent is much more than just matching a CV to a vacancy - its about understanding companys corporate culture and ensuring a comprehensive match. We believe that in order to find the right candidate we must understand the motivations and ambitions of senior management, which is reflected in our personal approach when partnering with a client.
Executive Solutions is your trusted talent solutions partner head quartered in Dubai, specialising in direct talent, tailored talent and HR talent solutions, along with Nationalisation initiatives throughout the Middle East. Driven by a unique philosophy, we incorporate innovative and comprehensive talent management solutions each tailored to suit what our clients need.
|Abu Dhabi||19 May|
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||10 Jul|
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
IT Project Manager
Systems Middle East (SME)