Job description / Role
The Data Curation Specialist manages website digital data repository in terms of the process of collecting, organizing, cleansing, documenting, archiving, and releasing datasets and posting on the website.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mining data from various online and physical sources, then reorganizing data in a format that can be deployed in a database format.
- Review all data submissions from stakeholders and check for completeness and correctness, flagging any issues and working with the data submitter to resolve issues.
- Research and collect data necessary for the website and evaluate them for potential value, utility and quality and to make determinations about their suitability for entry into the data repository.
- Maintain company database, recording curation actions taken with each dataset;
- Assess metadata quality; coordinating metadata enhancement; and performing remediation to facilitate better discovery;
- Development and implementation of best practices, procedures, workflows, and tools for the repository.
- Education: Degree in Information Systems Technology or other relevant fields from a reputed and accredited university
- Experience: At least two years of related experience in data science, digital repository management, or related subjects.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of and interest in data curation in a digital domain, and related fields preferably in the construction sector
- Strong interest in database management and understanding of relational database principles,
- High level of data literacy, and solid grounding in the principles of data validity and integrity
- Knowledge of statistical software such as SAS, Stata and R preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially with communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
About the Company
MJN Consult Arabia is a boutique investment house based in Dubai, UAE. The firm is involved in a number of projects around the world covering many industries. Current projects involve, a Finance company in Abu Dhabi, a hospitality business in Dubai, a Manufacturing unit in Ras Al Khaimah and a number of other project in Asia and Europe. Consult Arabia believes in creating a work atmosphere that allows its employees to grow, prosper and develop a highly satisfying career path. The company rewards its employees based on merits and ensuring that they are compensated in a fair and competitive manner.
Performance Data Analyst
Data Analyst / Statistician Intern
Quest Search & Selection