Job description / Role
An AI Startup delivering cutting edge solutions in Abu Dhabi are looking for an experienced Data Engineer who will be responsible for assessing complex new data sources and quickly turning these new data sources into business insights.
This Data Engineer is expected to visually demonstrate data concepts and use-cases that will provide business value to our customers. The Data Engineer also supports the implementation and integration of these new data sources into our platform.
• Review and analyze structured, semi-structured and unstructured data sources for quality, completeness and business value
• Design, architect, implement and test rapid prototypes that demonstrate value of the data and present them to diverse audiences
• Participate in early state design and feature definition activities
• Help to prove concepts, evaluate innovative technologies and contribute ideas to create actionable implementations
• Use open source or readily available technology to generate visualizations from new data sources
• Collaborate with team members across multiple engineering teams to support the integration of proven prototypes into core intelligence products
• Advanced working knowledge and experience with relational and non-relational databases
• Experience building and optimizing “big data” data pipelines, architectures and data sets
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
• Working knowledge of message queuing, streaming processing, and highly scalable data stores
• Experience developing within the ELK stack (Elastic Search, Log Stash & Kibana)
• Minimum 5 years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, Statistics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
About the Company
The TechStream Group is an award winning, multi brand, talent investor & incubator. Each of our brands focus on unique technology "streams" that are disrupting & transforming the world around us.
Each of our brands are unique to the technology market they operate within, whilst being interconnected by our "Stream" branding sequence.
We follow a proven global operating model that utilizes cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence & analytics, all supported by a shared service & innovation centre in South Africa. Our Board of Directors and Senior Management team are passionate about talent & technology and strive to deliver real client value from every brand across the full technology stack.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Desktop Support Engineer with MAC
|Abu Dhabi||12 Dec|
Quest Search & Selection
IT Support Associate for a Major Retail Group
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
IT Support Engineer
Manpower Middle East