Job description / Role
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and 60 years of experience in the region, they are the premiere destination for luxury goods.
To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class analytics and AI capability. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
As a data engineer, you will play a critical role in ensuring that we build data products that are not only capable of transforming the company, but meet the highest standards of software development.
What you'll be doing:
- Designing technical solutions that bring to life the vision for any data product
- Turning business requirements into clear technical tasks that can be shared out
- Writing performant Python code that accomplishes the job quickly and securely
- Working with Google Cloud Platform and related services to deploy products
- Ingesting new data sources, whether via existing solutions or ad-hoc methods
- Transforming and preparing datasets for further analyses and usage
- Partnering closely with data products managers, data architects, and others
- Guaranteeing the quality of your work via proper testing and documentation
- Keeping your technical knowledge up to date via trainings and other methods
- Coaching technical analysts on how best to utilise certain tools and techniques
What you'll need to succeed:
- Demonstrated team player who genuinely enjoys working with other people
- Strong Python and SQL skills, with prior experience in building data pipelines
- Proven ability to write and deploy production code, preferably in CI/CD manner
- Good understanding of cloud technologies, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences alike
- A hunger to deliver true transformational change. This role is not for the timid!
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.