Job description / Role
Ignite Service and Selection are currently looking for experienced Data Engineers with experience in renewable Energy.
Our client specialise in the proprietary trading of the short-term wholesale electricity markets across Europe.
This is an exciting challenge that come's with large-scale data processing, automation, and analytics. It will work within an agile and highly collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. We are looking for enthusiastic and resourceful engineers who are passionate about building exceptionally reliable and performance data processing solutions. We are looking for someone who would be committed to the long-term success of the business. Our client operate in the European Energy markets, but their commercial trading operations are in Dubai, UAE. This role will be recruited and on-boarded remotely. Work shall be done from your home country with periodic travels to Dubai.
You will be responsible for the server side of our applications and you will be also participating in setting the right Infrastructure and developing the needed tools for our Analytics.
If you have excellent programming skills, strong problem-solving skills, and a passion for developing and improving applications utilizing cutting edge technologies then this is perfect for you !
• A full-time position on our technology team.
• Great compensation and rewards.
• An exciting, challenging and fulfilling career.
• An opportunity to bring new ideas to the table and implement
• Ability to work remotely.
• Opportunity for leadership on the technology team and the company.
• Gather and address technical and design requirements.
• Use existing applications to optimise its performance through setting the appropriate architecture and integrating the best practices and standards.
• Participate in the entire application life cycle mainly focusing on coding, debugging, and testing.
• Troubleshoot and debug applications.
• Support the developers through training and transfer of knowledge.
It can be in our Dubai office or remotely with periodic travel to Dubai.
• BSC Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering.
• 5 years Data engineer experience
• Strong knowledge in Kafka/ Kinesis/ Redshift/ Spark is a big plus.
• 3+ years of experience in developing APIs (REST & SOAP protocols).
• 3+ years of experience in using AWS cloud and its resources/services.
• Strong experience in Relational Databases (MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) and non-relational databases (Mongo DB, Cassandra. etc.)
• Strong knowledge in Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) utilizing Docker containers.
• Previous experience in automated testing including unit testing & UI (User Interface) testing.
• Strong in-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment).
• Strong competencies in algorithms and software architecture.
• Excellent analytical, time management and teamwork skills.
About the Company
Ignite Search & Selection is a leading Recruitment Agency in the Middle East. Ignite's team of specialist recruiters now works across a range of sectors including Legal, Digital/Technology, Retail/FMCG, Construction and Engineering.
We pride ourselves on given both clients and candidates expert market knowledge in our chosen sectors. We value getting a detailed understanding of our clients and candidates expectations to find the perfect fit for all parties.
Data Engineer - Banking
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Big Data Developer - Telecom Company
TGC Middle East
GRMC Advisory Services