Job description / Role
As a Data Engineer, you will function as a Software Engineer (Data) and work closely with other machine learning (ML), backend and frontend engineers, QA team, design team, and tech team leads in your product stream.
Your role will entail designing, developing, and maintaining systems that gather, store, and analyze data for a big data analytics cloud platform to meet digital transformation and enterprise initiatives in the short, medium, and long term.
You will be expert in building solutions that acquire, manage, and transform raw data into valuable insights for data science and analytical applications across various environments.
Responsibilities will include:
• Design and implement industry-leading distributed systems;
• Implement high-performance storage and computing systems;
• Big data systems that supports large-scale data and products different purposes (e.g., Recommendation, ML, NLP, CV, reporting, growth analysis, multi-dimensional analysis);
• Troubleshooting production systems, identify application code related issues;
• Peta Byte data processing
• Master's or Bachelor's in Computer Science or relevant discipline with 5 or 8+ years of industry experience
• Must be expert in Java
• 5 years or more experience with high quality data systems and big data technologies
• Architecture data systems, data ingestion, query optimization, data segregation, ETL
• (Extraction, Transformation & Loading), ELT, AWS, EC2, S3, lambda, Elastic Search, Redshif
• Code versioning tools like Git/Git Flow and SourceTree
• Modern software development such as Scrum, Kanban and XP
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.