Job description / Role
The role focuses in operations of data and analytics platform, Data Ingestion, ETL Jobs Monitoring, Big Data Server and Application Operation. It requires a demonstrated ability for complex data ingestion, extraction, operational validation and monitoring.
Michael Page Digital have partnered with a leading international company for this role.
* The role requires extensive work with onboarding various data sources using real-time, batch load or scheduled loads. The sources can be in cloud, on premise or API-based.
* The role requires expertise in data ingestion platforms such as Apache Sqoop, Apache Flume, Amazon kinesis, Fluentd, Logstash etc.
* The role requires operational experience with Big Data Technologies and Engines including Presto, Spark, Hive and Hadoop Environments.
* The role requires operational expertise in creation of operational dashboards using various tools.
* The role requires AWS experience in S3, Athena, EMR, Redshift, Aurora, MySQL and DynamoDB.
* The role requires expertise in securing the big data environment including encryption, tunneling, access control, secure isolation.
* This role require experience in Apache Ranger for security & auditing of the data environment.
* Big Data and Statistical Analysis Support for supporting in the creation of Dashboards, Alerts, Reports and Decisions.
* Operates and Acts as "go-to" person for daily data operations including extracting, monitoring, evaluating, validating and interpreting the ingested data.
* Provides Tracking Mechanisms for the Data Lake, Data Marts, Datawarehouse to check their performance
* Provide in-depth conclusions, insights into the variances of data and trends.
* Perform complex data root cause analysis in case of issues.
* Create, Schedule, Compile and Distribute reports, dashboards for the ingested data.
* Gather requirements to perform complex queries with unestablished data sets that effectively represent the status of business performance.
* Establishes key performance indicators for data ingestion, data lake, data validation, query performance, infrastructure performance for big data.
* Strong ability to illustrate performance, mentoring, and statistical concepts through reporting and graphical representation.
* Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
* An industry leading remuneration package is on offer as well as the chance to work on a great project with a diverse and progressively thinking team.
* Please do not apply unless you have at least 3 years experience in qubole platform.
* This role requires operational expertise & experience on Qubole Data Services Platform for Big Data Service management.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Data Engineer - 12 Month Contract (Renewable)
Manpower Middle East
IT Service Desk Senior Analyst
Level 1 – IT Service Desk Officer
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)