Job description / Role
• Responsible to prepare the data and “big data” infrastructure to connect systems and enable data analysis by Data Scientists
• Responsible to design, build, integrate data from various resources, and manage data integrations
• Build and maintain the organization’s data pipeline systems (data pipelines encompass the journey and processes that data undergoes within a company)
• Gather and collect the data, store it, does batch processing or real -time processing on it, and serves it via an API to a data scientist who can easily query it
• Ensure the data organization is using is clean, reliable, and prepped for whatever use cases may present themselves
• Run ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) on top of big datasets and create big data warehouses that can be used for reporting or analysis by data scientists
• Continuously optimize the performance of company's big data ecosystem., including writing complex queries to make sure it is easily accessible and works smoothly
• Review the solution requirements and architecture to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Applied Mathematics/Physics or Statistics
• Master’s degree preferred Experience:
• Strong background or relevant experience (3-4 years) in software engineering
• Should have prior working experience within: ETL, big data environments, cloud data stores, different RDBMS and OLAP solutions Competencies:
• Big data tools: Strong proficiency in Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Data streaming, NoSQL, SQL, programming
• End-to-end data architecture pipeline: Extensive knowledge on databases and best engineering practices including but not limited to handling and logging errors, monitoring the system, building human-fault-tolerant pipelines etc
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.
GRMC Advisory Services
Ignite Search & Selection
Big Data Developer - Telecom Company
Data Analyst - Intern
Senior Data Scientist / Data Scientist - UAE National
Manpower Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||8 Mar|