Job description / Role
The Big Data Analytics Center (BiDAC) is established to conduct quality big data research, training, consultation and to provide unified big data platform services within the UAE and internationally. The main objective of BiDAC is to conduct leading-edge research and services within the emerging domain of big data analytics and disseminate technical know-how that can be applied to improve the performance of public and private enterprises.
BiDAC is currently in need of an experienced Data Engineer. The ideal candidate is expected to have intensive knowledge of building data lakes and data warehouses. He/she will be responsible for building scalable data platforms and large-scale processing systems that enable advanced analytics and support data teams across the enterprise.
- BSc. in Computer Science or a closely related field from a recognized university.
- An intensive experience of working in designing, creating, deploying and managing large and effective databases and advanced analyics soluions.
- MSc. in Computer Science or a closely related field from a recognized university.
- Programming experience particularly in Python, Java, Scripting Languages
- Intensive experience in designing relational and no-SQL databases
- Experience in auto-configuration systems (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.) and other technologies such as Redshift, Mysql, MongoDB, RDS, Jenkins, GitHub, Selenium, TestNG, Ansible, etc.
- Strong experience of Cloud technologies (such as AWS, Asure, Cloudera)
- Exposure to Big Data systems - Hadoop ecosystem, Cassandra, Spark Exposure to Agile and DevOps process and approaches
- Experience in distributed software
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.