Data Governance Director
Job description / Role
The Governance Director oversees the data management and governance agenda, coordinates data-related roles, promotes the value of data, and ensures compliance to the regional standards and policies. Approve and overlook the maintenance of the data catalog in collaboration with the Data Catalog team.
A prestigious government organisation in the UAE.
* Own the overall Data Management execution, being the single point of accountability for data management delivery ensuring it is business-centric, outcome focused, and value driven.
* Revise and approve the standards and policies developed by the Standards and Compliance team.
* Ensure strategic alignment to overall business strategy, and manage the data team budgets and oversees delivery of initiatives accordingly.
* Manage and mentor section leads, build and grow cross-functional team members while providing specific, timely, and constructive performance feedback.
* Opportunity to work with a top-caliber organisation with exposure to exciting and advanced data-driven projects.
* More than 10 years of experience leading data management agenda, with proven know-how in leading major Data transformation programs.
* Preferred degree in business, information management, computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
* Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation technique.
* Knowledge in agile methodologies and enterprise resource planning implementation.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.