Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM's Data Science and AI Technology is a core part of our company's strategy. IBM Data Science and AI is trailblazing new technology platform and services, business models, and data scientist/developer outreach activities.
We are pulling together a SWAT Team responsible for driving the initial engagement of our clients and deploying IBM Data and AI platform for any given client in their desired configuration and architecture. In this role, you will be expected to remain current on industry practices, regulations and technology, as well as build deep understanding of the challenges being addressed. You will collaborate with your team and clients to deliver technical solutions that meet unique needs.
Your Role & Responsibilities
- Assisting the client's development team on IBM Data and AI platform by including environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information
- Help define the client architecture with IBM Data and AI platform integrated, operationalize the platform, and map relevant use cases for IBM Data and AI platform
- IBM Data and AI platform Administration
- Leverage all of our customer's data assets to optimize profitability, grow customer relationships, improve experience and satisfy business need
- Focus on ensuring consistent data quality; establishing data standards and governance; integrating data between on-premises and cloud both operationally and analytically
- Gather and document metadata, improving data quality and security, analyzing process controls, completing root cause analysis and coordinating activities related to problem resolution
- Using a process-driven approach, assume ownership for the identification of key data elements (KDEs) that drive critical business activities
- Design and implement CPD cross functional solutions
- Ensure that the architecture that is in place supports the requirements of the data scientists and the stakeholders, the business
- Develop data set process for data modeling, mining and production
- Employ ML and sophisticated analytics program and methods to prepare data for predictive and actionable modelling.
- Automate data acquisition
- Need to understand how to optimize data retrieval and how to develop dashboards, reports and other visualizations for stakeholders
- Work alongside data scientists to help make use of the data they collect."DataAI"
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deep understanding of hybrid cloud architectures and data integration needs
- Foundational OpenShift, dockers, containers
- RedHat Linux admin, clustering
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding solutions on multiple public & private clouds, including industry specific data processes
- Experience in Big data/ Hadoop Ecosystem of Tools (Spark, Hive, Pig, MapReduce)
- Experience implementing operational best practices
- Experience in open source Machine, Deep Learning frameworks, model validation & deployment tools, & data storytelling tools
- Experience writing complicated database SQL queries; Oracle, PostgresQL, Hive, etc
- Experience with multiple model dev. tools (notebooks, DataRobot, H2O.ai, IBM Watson Studio)
- Experience on distributed MPP platforms; Cloud Data Platforms, Hortonworks/Cloudera Hadoop, Spark
- Experience using SQL, Hive, Map Reduce & RESTful APIs, GraphQL
- Experience implementing tools (Cognos, Tableau)
- Knowledge of RDBMS like Oracle, SQL Server & ETL technologies like SSIS
- Ensure adherence to data quality standards and/or use of data catalogs
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.