Data Privacy Specialist
Job description / Role
Data Privacy Specialist - Abu Dhabi Based
You will support and implement all aspects of the data protection compliance strategy and advise on legal matters surrounding data protection/privacy.
A prominent organisation in Abu Dhabi.
* Create and maintain privacy related notices, policies, standards, guidelines and processes.
* Conduct assessments, review results and work with stakeholders to mitigate privacy risks across the organisation.
* Provide deep technical privacy guidance, analysis, and feedback to business leaders, engineers, solutions, and application architects.
* Help develop, implement, and manage processes, internal controls relating to privacy frameworks and offer privacy support to various departments.
* Coordinate internal and external audits of privacy systems and procedures to ensure that systematic compliance audits are undertaken and that their findings are reported and acted upon.
* Provide ongoing management, content development and oversight of the privacy program, including training, risk management, exception handling and process improvement.
* Partner with all key business areas, in particular the IT Security team, to ensure data privacy issues are made at the outset of new projects, products, and initiatives.
* Monitor the industry landscape to keep visibility on evolutions, trends, and best practices related to Data Privacy.
* Serve as data privacy subject matter expert and develop and implement a compliance plan.
* Exciting role with a high-profile institution in the UAE.
* Opportunity to work in a collaborative environment on city wide data related initiatives.
* Over 5 years of pure experience working in data privacy and managing data privacy issues.
* Expertise in global and European data protection laws and practices and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR.
* Demonstrate deep knowledge of data privacy, data handling and data classification.
* Capable of conducting data privacy compliance reviews and audits.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people across the business.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
TXM Recruit - Dubai (TXM Labour Supply)
Data Architect - Cyber Security Solution Company
Head of IT Projects