Job description / Role
• Provide legal advice on all aspects of data protection, privacy, and cybersecurity
• Ensure compliance with local and international data protection regulations and standards
• Draft and review data protection policies, procedures, and agreements
• Assist in developing and delivering data protection and privacy training programs to staff
• Investigate and manage data breaches and incidents
• Manage external legal counsel on data protection and privacy matters
• Conduct legal research and analysis on relevant data protection and privacy laws and regulations
• Support business teams in the negotiation and drafting of data protection clauses in commercial contracts
• Stay up-to-date with legal and regulatory developments in data protection and privacy
The ideal candidate must meet the following criteria:
• Data Protection lawyer with 5+ years experience ideally working for a leading law firm or in-house in tech / fintech / banking sector
• Thorough knowledge of GDPR and experience of drafting and reviewing contracts and privacy/DP policies essential
• Amenable to working as temp freelancer role in Dubai for 9+ months
About the Company
MENA Recruit came to fruition in response to a growing need for international legal talent in London and Dubai. Its initial focus began in the Legal sector, evolving as a service provider for other sectors such as Administration, Marketing, Business Development, HR, IT, Finance and C-Suite positions.
Over the last two decades, with roots firmly planted in the Middle East and operations expanding into the APAC region, MENA Recruit has gained intuitive industry knowledge and expertise. With its unique, people-focused approach, the firm has yielded competitive advantage for its clients and rewarding careers for the professionals it has supported throughout the years.
The company is dedicated to delivering the highest quality of talent and service to its clients while working tenaciously towards helping them achieve higher retention rates. For this reason, MENA Recruit is considered by both candidates and clients as a consultant in the truest sense of the word, offering guidance to both people and organizations on how to adapt to the constant change in market conditions and how to anticipate present and future challenges.
Presently, MENA Recruit provides services to organizations and professionals in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
With such an extensive global reach, strong brand value, decades of expertise, and an innovative approach towards business challenges, it’s clear why MENA Recruit is the partner of choice for both in-house recruiters and candidates internationally.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies