Data Protection Officer
Job description / Role
Manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of data strategy and governance programs at the enterprise level and supporting digital governance projects.
A prominent government organisation looking to improve their Data Governance infrastructure.
* Monitoring compliance and conducting internal audits within the framework of applicable laws and regulation (such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)).
* Together with other teams and internal stakeholders maintaining, creating and implementing practices around data protection and security.
* Developing and conducting awareness raising activities, delivered to all levels of technical & legal proficiency.
* Researching and keeping up to date on new requirements from a regulatory and compliance point of view.
* Act as the main point of contact in relation to supervisory authorities.
* Scope to improve core data quality and governance aligned with regulatory protection requirements.
* Opportunity support a large-scale governance management system in a leading governmental entity.
* More than 5 years of knowledge/ experience within privacy / data protection or similar experience
* CIPP/E, CIPP/M, CDPSE, CISSP or any other privacy certifications
* Strong experience with technology environments
* Knowledge of privacy by design and privacy by default
* Strong communication, stakeholder and relationship management
* Experience in handling end-to-end delivery with full delivery ownership
* A proven track record in handling day-to-day privacy / compliance projects
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.