Job description / Role
· Design and develop statistical & machine learning models to support MBCs decisions.
· Identify and discover hidden patterns in complex structured and unstructured data sets.
· Enable look–a-like modelling, propensity to churn, propensity to buy, CLV, clustering, collaborative filtering, RFM, data fusion techniques, predictive modelling and audience profiling.
· Champion metrics creation, manipulate, transform and verify quality of data.
· Work with Technology team to implement Big data analytics roadmap.
· Work with data governance team to help drive consistency in MDM and data definitions to create a trusted source of data.
· Make recommendations for data harmonization and customer centricity (ie. Single sign on, Fingerprint ID, unique customer ID).
· Develop an acute understanding of product, marketing and business needs through constant engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
· Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in solving analytical problems through data driven quantitative methodologies and creating econometric descriptive and predictive models in Digital space. (unstructured data)
· BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
· Deep knowledge of Media industry and markets
· Experience with Amazon Web Services Big data platform (ie. S3, RS)
· Solid experience with digital measurement and analytics platforms (ie. Google analytics, Big query, Return path data)
· Strong knowledge and experience in data modelling and wrangling techniques
· Strong knowledge and experience using Big Data programming languages (mainly R and Python)
· Strong knowledge of machine learning algorithms like Random Forrest, Decision trees, Matrix forecasting, Time series, Bayesian networks, Clustering, Regression and classification
· Knowledge and experience in Data Visualization
· Understanding of standard digital technologies used for commercial VOD, ecommerce and subscription services including cookies, beaconing, working with tag management data and data layers or SDKs and ad-serving technologies
About the Company
MBC Group is the largest satellite TV and radio network in the Middle East based in Dubai Media City. It broadcasts a portfolio of Arabic and Western entertainment channels; as well as managing the Al Arabiya news channel and New Media platforms. The group has expanded significantly in the last several years moving from one TV and radio channel to ten TV, four radio channels and a range of broadcast and news service companies. Additionally the Group operates a number of successful websites and is aggressively expanding its internet and multiplatform operations.
Senior Data Analyst
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||25 Aug|
Business Intelligence Analyst
Data Analyst Team Lead