Job description / Role
- Design and develop statistical & machine learning models to support business decisions and help improve products and services.
- Design and develop data pipelines with the right tools, databases and ETL process.
- Design and develop user-friendly platforms to enable easy testing of ML pipelines, simulate data and visualize performance metrics for evaluation.
- Identify and discover hidden patterns in complex structured and unstructured data sets.
- Work with technology team to implement data analytics roadmap.
- Work with data governance team to help drive consistency in data sources, different data flows and data definitions to create a trusted source of data.
- Experience with Media related data and KPIs is an asset.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in solving analytical problems through data driven quantitative methodologies and creating econometric descriptive and predictive models. (unstructured data)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Knowledge and experience in Data Visualization: both using high level tools (Tableau) and coding with Python (matplotlib, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in data modelling and wrangling techniques
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with DS focused programming and query languages (mainly R, Python, SQL and NoSQL)
- Strong knowledge of machine learning algorithms like Random Forest, Decision trees, Bayesian Networks, Clustering, etc.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Big data platforms (i.e. S3, RS)
- Deep knowledge of Media industry and markets including KPIs and solid understanding of performance measurement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.