Job description / Role
· Design and develop statistical & machine learning models to support MBCs decisions.
· Identify and discover hidden patterns in complex structured and unstructured data sets.
· Enable look–a-like modelling, propensity to churn, propensity to buy, CLV, clustering, collaborative filtering, RFM, data fusion techniques, predictive modelling and audience profiling.
· Champion metrics creation, manipulate, transform and verify quality of data.
· Work with Technology team to implement Big data analytics roadmap.
· Work with data governance team to help drive consistency in MDM and data definitions to create a trusted source of data.
· Make recommendations for data harmonization and customer centricity (ie. Single sign on, Fingerprint ID, unique customer ID).
· Develop an acute understanding of product, marketing and business needs through constant engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
· Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in solving analytical problems through data driven quantitative methodologies and creating econometric descriptive and predictive models in Digital space. (unstructured data)
· BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
· Deep knowledge of Media industry and markets
· Experience with Amazon Web Services Big data platform (ie. S3, RS)
· Solid experience with digital measurement and analytics platforms (ie. Google analytics, Big query, Return path data)
· Strong knowledge and experience in data modelling and wrangling techniques
· Strong knowledge and experience using Big Data programming languages (mainly R and Python)
· Strong knowledge of machine learning algorithms like Random Forrest, Decision trees, Matrix forecasting, Time series, Bayesian networks, Clustering, Regression and classification
· Knowledge and experience in Data Visualization
· Understanding of standard digital technologies used for commercial VOD, ecommerce and subscription services including cookies, beaconing, working with tag management data and data layers or SDKs and ad-serving technologies
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.
Data Scientist - Tech Startup
Right Calibre Executive Search
Data Science Analyst - 10 Months Contract
Manpower Middle East
Data Analytical Consultant - 7 Month Contract
Manpower Middle East