Data Scientist Intern
Quest Search & Selection
Job description / Role
Quest Search and Selection has partnered with MyStudyLife and we are looking for a hardworking Data Scientist Intern who will relish the opportunity to put into practice what they are learning (or have learnt) at university. Please note that this is paid work experience, this is not a job and there is no visa offered.
We are looking for a creative and commercial candidate with great data and computing skills to play an important role in our growing company. This is an exciting, intern-level opportunity for an undergraduate or post-graduate studying in this dynamic field. You will be working with a global team to help grow MyStudyLife into a holistic student platform. This is a superb chance to develop in a diverse, international environment. My Study Life is a free planner app for students with over 8m downloads. We had over 1.4 million global users in over 200 countries last year.
As the Data Scientist Intern, you must perform the following duties:
• Data analysis using multiple external data points - websites and applications
• Work with the technical team on SQL & data base entries
• Identify sources of data and resources needed.
• Autonomously work to product recommendations and solutions and present findings
• Develop and Implement data collection and mining system, database, data analytics to optimize quality of results
• Code and maintain database of statistics related to project
• Write algorithms to identify, analyze and interpret data to produce a predictive model
• Assist the marketing team to understand customer habits
• Assist the CTO with responsibilities with Azure and other systems
• Ensure GDPR compliance
• Customer Service
This role offers great autonomy and very rewarding career prospects for the successful candidate. If you think that you have the right skills and experience for this role and are looking forward to boost your career furthermore, send us an up to date CV today.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Requirements for an Ideal Candidate (Data Scientist Intern):
• Graduate or Majoring in Applied Mathematics, Statistics or related field
• Previous intern experience in a similar area would be advantageous
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyze and disseminate large amounts of information
• Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques - preferably with R programming and Python background
• Accuracy and attention to detail are vital
• Able to work in the Downtown, Dubai area or remotely
About the Company
Quest Search & Selection is a specialist recruitment consultancy with over 20 years' experience in sourcing the world's best candidates for the global Retail, FMCG and Hospitality sectors.
With offices in the UK & Dubai, we have an international presence and a global reach. Our recruiters place candidates locally and internationally for a wide variety of roles focusing on the following areas:
Retail Buying & Merchandising, E-commerce & Digital, Food & Beverage, Hotels, Hospitality & Operations, Retail Stores & Operations, HR & Recruitment, Procurement, Supply Chain & Logistics, Sales & Marketing, Technical and New Product Development.
We work in partnership with our clients who range from famous international brands within the Retail, Restaurant, Hotel and Consumer products space. Our reputation is built on our in-depth understanding of the industry and our consultants' skill, knowledge and passion for their sectors.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Data Entry and Analyst
Baden BPO & Software
ETL / Power BI / Business Intelligence Business Analyst
Supply Chain, Data Analyst
|Abu Dhabi||24 Mar|
Data Engineer - Data Ingestion SSIS, Azure
|Abu Dhabi||27 Mar|