Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We're looking for a data scientist to join us and shape the future of People Analytics at Careem!
As a member of the People Analytics team, you will help access and leverage behavioral, network and unstructured People data sets to recommend concrete interventions in the way we work, interact and make decisions.
You will apply data science methodologies to understand company challenges and publish real-time dashboards. Typical areas of research and data sources will include team productivity, potential, performance, culture / diversity, colleague experience, talent acquisition and retention, leadership, engagement, learning and development, etc.
- Develop the People data science database and manage the connection to the existing systems / data sources, such as the employee master database (HRIS), company networks, other HR and non-HR applications. This also includes identifying missing data sources and suggesting new ones
- Help create / maintain industry-leading and innovative people indicators
- Process cross-correlations with different sources of data to identify probable behavioral connections between data sets. Provide concrete data-driven insights to help fix significant people-related challenges
- Lead the setup and maintenance of simple and beautiful online People dashboards for each of the areas of research highlighted above, using data visualisation tools like Shiny
- Work with the people analytics team to implement meaningful data governance principles
- Create role-based secured access as requested
- Analyze quality / integrity of data and collaborate with people teams to recommend improvement actions on data entry and processes
- Challenge the status quo and continually investigate new data processing technologies and seek to ensure that we follow the industry best practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to swiftly trouble-shoot
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable and clean code components
- You have a high degree of comfort in leveraging SQL, Python or R to manipulate data
- You have exceptional communication skills and can manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Experience in applying machine learning techniques to provide problem-solving insights
- Experience in presenting complex data to a non-technical audience using data visualization tools
- Experience in working with HR data is a strong plus
- Experience with AWS is desirable
- Competitive salary and equity shares
- 25 working days annual leave
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.