Job description / Role
• Installs, maintains, administers, and tunes MS SQL Server databases.
• Resolves database performance and capacity issues.
• Completes database backups and maintains backup procedures.
• Create and maintain database objects such as tables, views, index, constraints, etc. for data platform and custom applications
• Well versed in complex SQL programming, triggers and stored procedure development to design efficient methods for retrieving data.
• Maintains database high availability and the upkeep and availability of other related systems as required.
• Creates automaton scripts to perform repetitive tasks and to ensure high data integrity.
• Monitors and maintains the security of databases.
• Determines database management needs and recommends system upgrades as necessary.
• Install, monitor, and support various SQL High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
• DB migration (i.e., to new servers), DB user administration.
• Ensures that databases are restored in a timely and efficient manner in the event of system failure.
• Stays informed of latest data storage and retrieval technologies.
• Propose methodologies and best practices for delivering outstanding service. Ensure company’s policies and standards are followed
• Possess a minimum of 5 years hands on working experience and be fully conversant with MS SQL Server.
• Must have experience in migrating from SQL Server 2005 to latest versions.
• The Database administrator (DBA) will assess and monitor the performance, integrity and security of In-house ERP database.
• Involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as in troubleshooting any issues in conjunction with software team.
About the Company
A leading contracting group in the UAE.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT System Administrator
Manpower Middle East
IT Service Desk Senior Analyst
IT Support Engineer / System Administration
IT Support Engineer
HR Source Consulting
IT Suport Engineer