Job description / Role
- Contributes to developing and implementing data & recovery strategy, policies, and procedures that ensure the consistency, availability, security and recovery of data as per agreed standards and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with line managers to identify the sources for all data in line with business requirements and security measures to ensure adequacy and compliance of these sources with agreed standards and regulations and to mitigate risks that may arise.
- Ensures all data of ISA and its clients are properly managed, tuned, secured and maintained in form of database as per agreed measures and adopted procedures including those hosted within ISA data centers and/or externally hosted or with cloud service providers.
- Utilizes available tools and methodologies to monitor the availability and performance of database on daily basis.
- Categorizes information and communication systems by service tiers and ensures data availability/accessibility is committed to in relation to the tiers.
- Ensures all data is archived, protected, and retrievable as per policy, regulations and clients’ requirements and within agreed SLAs; manages the back-up process regularly as per adopted procedures and set measures.
- Participates in the design and implementation of data recovery action plan in collaboration with other line managers and in alignment with business continuity plans ensuring cost-effectiveness and agreement with business objectives.
- Ensures successful migration of database to the cloud within agreed timeframes.
- Collaborates with the line managers and different teams and utilizes various tools and available resources to ensure recovery/retrieval and back-up procedures and measures are timely and successfully implemented in case of incidents and disasters.
- Coordinates with Product, Development and Project Management teams on the design and testing of recovery procedures and contingency plans to address exposure to risk and ensures that agreed levels of continuity are maintained.
- Collaborates with the Governance team to ensure adherence to agreed security measures/regulations and audit requirements in data centers.
- Performs necessary interventions to recover data based on situation to ensure business continuity and smooth workflow.
- Prepares customized and ad-hoc reports and necessary analysis for the clients/end users and management as and when needed.
- Performs any additional duties as directed by Line Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering/Information Technology/Computer Science/ or equivalent.
- Database certification (Oracle, MS SQL, IBM DB2), Big Data technologies and related.
- SQL Knowledge is essential.
- Fluent in English Language.
- 5+ years of experience in IT environment in any industry handling a similar role in data base management.
- Experience in 24X7 critical operations and customer support functions.
- Must have worked in a high transactional volume and high availability environment with cloud-based environments.
- Experienced in recovery from data breach / data loss incidents within a fast-paced dynamic technology solutions and product environment supporting external customers.
- Working experience with different types of end to end technology stacks.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.
Market-i Research Services
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
|Abu Dhabi||10 Mar|
Beaconhouse School System
|Al Ain||19 Mar|