Deal/Matter Management Specialist for a Law Firm
Job description / Role
• Complete Matter Inception process in coordination with Partners/ Matter managers.
• Review and draft engagement letters in line with law firm’s terms or review the terms of the engagement letters and mark up.
• Client-care emails and liaise with fee earners to ensure signed engagement letters are returned and filed appropriately.
• Procure relevant KYC documents from client contact and file them appropriately as per the policy.
• Be responsible for Data management of matters, prospects and clients (data collection and reporting), and share information with key stakeholders including BD team.
• Demonstrate good understanding about rates, pricing and advise lawyers on the same.
• Complete virtual file set-up and file and scan all awaiting documents.
• Keep track of all deadlines and remind fee earners of timelines at regular update meetings.
• Carry out dataroom set-up and maintenance if required.
• Prepare client contact list if required.
• Carry out health check and "tidy" of documents or SFP templates.
• Complete post-deal/matter activities including maintenance of paper files, bibling and closing matter as agreed with fee earner.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude in all aspects of the role, taking personal responsibility and ownership and behaving professionally at all times.
• Understand and appreciate key client contacts and build relationships with their procurement team.
• Review current processes and improve it with use of technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Procurement or related field.
• Good English communications skills, oral and written.
• Problem solver and results oriented.
• Proactive, able to work with tight deadlines
• Ability to understand and advise contracts.
• Good understanding about data collection and management can be helpful as this role will be primary source of collecting client information and deal data.
• Able to build trusted advisor relationships with Partners, Managers and Professionals within the Firm.
• At least 2 years' experience in a similar position in a law firm, preferably international.
• Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Excellent administration skills, keyboard and software skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own work. Calm, unflappable demeanour, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Project management skills.
• Arabic native speaker with very good writing skills (Preferred)
About the Company
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.