Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
We advise on, and solve the complexities involved in transactions, financing, and policy at the interface between the public and private sectors. Whether it's raising funding for infrastructure projects or procuring private sector partners for our public sector clients, we deliver solutions that fund new roads, upgrade housing, build schools, modernize hospitals, improve rail services, and regenerate communities. With an extensive track record spanning more than a decade of providing authoritative, innovative advice on a wide range of transactions worldwide, PwC's global experience and local knowledge enable us to deliver the integrated strategies and services our clients require.
We work with governments, shaping their policy, developing frameworks, and helping them implement PPPs, industry by industry. We reconcile investors' need for profit with the requirements of Government for political and financial transparency. As an independent advisor, we engineer a truly competitive bidding process. When advising private sector bidders, we help them develop structures that allow them to access local and international funds.
- Develop and maintain complex project finance models and conduct sensitivity and scenario analysis.
- Support the origination and execution of new transactions, including assistance in the preparation of proposals.
- Prepare presentations, project teasers, and information memoranda.
- Manage due diligence and documentation requirements during the execution process.
- Work with and support the Manager, Senior Manager, and Director on the day-to-day execution of transactions through the project lifecycle, from project kick-off to financial close.
- Screen and research new business development opportunities.
- Involvement in business development initiatives, including producing content for proposals and undertaking research into clients, projects, products and industries.
- The candidate will be highly numerate, achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Education: University degree in Mathematics, Physics or Finance. CFA Charter holder or level III candidate is a plus.
- 4 - 6 years of direct and relevant experience post qualification that gained with an advisory firm, advisory bank, or an infrastructure developer.
- Strong Excel modelling and financial analysis skills with great attention to details.
- Strong technical, numerical, and written capabilities. Good knowledge of project finance and PPP structures, and familiarity with project finance debt principles or strong interest to learn them.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Language skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English, Arabic speaker is a plus.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East when the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.