Deals, Business Restructuring Services - Insolvency - Manager/ Senior
Job description / Role
Deals, Business Restructuring Services - Insolvency - Manager/ Senior Manager - Dubai
Line of Service
Business Recovery Services
Job Description & Summary
About the team
The Business Restructuring Services team is currently the largest restructuring practice in the Middle East, with over 35 employees operating across various offices in the region.
In joining, you'll help clients, among other things, reduce balance sheet stress, generate cash and reduce costs or refinance to find the best source of capital to support their business objectives. Whatever the solution, we help them manage road blocks until the job is done.
Our team helps organizations facing financial distress or insolvency with crisis recovery, administrative tasks, liquidation and insolvency proceedings.
We develop and implement realistic and pragmatic plans by applying restructuring and stakeholder management skills, functional knowledge, and proprietary assets and tools to support Executives in making difficult decisions and driving through change in a short timeframe.
What to consider before applying
This role requires the candidate to be based out of our Dubai office
As an Insolvency Manager or Senior Manager in our Business Restructuring Services team, your impact will be seen by:
- Day to day case management of administrations, liquidations and other corporate insolvency processes, taking responsibility from commencement to conclusion and ensuring proactive case progression
- Involvement in pre-insolvency planning matters
- Ensuring 100% compliance with statutory deadlines on cases
- Liaison with and management of internal and external stakeholders, including communications with remote-based colleagues and dealing with external lawyers agents and key creditors. Developing internal relationships with a range of colleagues both in the team and more widely
- Contributing to the management of the team, including delegating tasks and training, coaching and supervising staff
- Keeping up to date with insolvency and other relevant legislation across the GCC
- Involvement in in-court restructuring schemes and other related tools
- Identify risk issues and ensure these are dealt with and/or escalated
- Maximizing net returns for clients and other stakeholders from financially distressed companies and individuals
- Conducting investigations of financial information and identifying transactions that could lead to civil actions or penalties
- Day to day management of asset recoveries and litigation matters
- Contributing to our collaborative team culture through mentoring and coaching of staff to deliver positive outcomes for our clients
- Bringing your unique skills and interests to bear to improve outcomes for our clients, people and practice
- The ideal candidate will already have strong experience of working on corporate insolvency cases in addition to experience in restructuring (in-court restructuring schemes)
- The candidate should be able to show initiative, good attention to detail, be proactive, be able to identify risk issues and have excellent numeracy, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of managing stakeholders.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and conflicting priorities.
- High impact communication in the written and verbal form with extensive experience of presenting to clearly communicate key conclusions for a range of stakeholders.
- Experience of leading and developing teams around you.
- Ability to leverage technology enabled and digital tools to achieve efficient delivery for our clients.
- Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Arabic speakers are strongly preferred but not essential.
- Proven IT skills in the Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
You'll be joining a team who welcome your outlook and knowledge, whilst providing you the opportunity to develop your skill set further within one of the world's leading professional organizations.
You will need to be willing to travel and be flexible around your working location. This could require working away from your base office location on a regular basis and regular overnight stays may be required. Where possible, we will take your preferences into account and strike a balance between meeting your career development/personal needs and those of the business and our clients.
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.