Job description / Role
Line of Service
Business Recovery Services
Job Description & Summary
PwC ME is a leading professional services firm and we pride ourselves on our vision, values and the ability to provide an exceptional service to a vast network of clients. We are a firm full of energy, challenge, innovation and opportunities. Our people connect their thinking, experience and solutions to enhance value for our clients. Business Restructuring Services (BRS) at PwC Middle East operates within our Advisory (Deals) practice. The BRS team is involved in delivering a range of services to businesses that are stressed or distressed, from debt restructuring/rescheduling advice through to formal insolvency engagements. The BRS team also advises lenders in connection with stressed/distressed borrowers.
As a Senior Manager you need to consistently do the following:
- Lead multiple client development efforts, design and sell engagements, as well as manage client relations in an advisory environment, managing multi- disciplinary teams
- Building solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive teamwork environment, lead teams to generate a vision, leverage diverse views, and help develop and grow team members throughout the course of every engagement.
- Analysing financial under performance, including financial statements, management accounts, financial modelling, and construction of integrated financial models
- Managing projects (often simultaneously) providing BRS services covering debt and corporate restructuring, Independent Business Reviews, capital structure modelling, contingency planning and options reviews.
- Ability to identify risks in forecasts/business plans, and develop appropriate sensitivity/scenario analysis
- Lead small to medium size BRS engagements, reporting directly to Partner and Client
- Understanding the allowable scope of services for restructuring for audit and non-audit clients
- Demonstrating extensive leadership and knowledge of delivering the breadth and depth of services to clients in restructuring situations (e.g., financial, tax, human resources, investigations, accounting)
In your role, who do you report to:
Director or above, depending on complexity of engagements
Qualification/ Educational background:
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business, Accounting or other related major
- Should be a qualified chartered accountant (ACA/ACCA is preferred)
- You will have an outstanding academic record from a well-recognized institution
- 8-10 years of experience in field of business restructuring with a proven track record of success (past big 4 experience is preferred)
- Experience in debt restructuring/rescheduling is essential including
- Independent Business Reviews, short term liquidity reviews, options reviews, preparation of debt maps, preparation of capital structure models, contingency planning/estimated outcomes
- Demonstrate expertise and aptitude with conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, particularly with constructing integrated financial models, analyzing financial under performance and related services
- Strong business development skills and proven track record of ability to build own professional network
- Extensive ability to maintain relationships with key executives and a network of professional organizations or affiliations
- Extensive experience as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; participating in various staff recruitment and retention activities; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback
- Ability to undertake high volume of work, often simultaneously
- Ability to plan activities and set priorities to meet deadlines and get positive results
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - ability to demonstrate excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills is advantageous
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.