Job description / Role
Line of Service:
Job Description & Summary:
About the team:
Financial Decisions and Analysis (FDnA) is one of our highest growth teams. We focus on the application of leading edge modelling and analytical techniques to help clients make good decisions and solve problems. We work across a wide range of clients and sectors. We are now looking to recruit a Senior Associate to join our high performing team and support our continued growth. We are looking for people with a commercial mind-set who can quickly get to the crux of business issues and deliver commercially "game changing" insight to our clients, enhancing the Deal value through compelling analysis. Every assignment is different, but we broadly define our offering under the key headings;
- Deal Analytics - increasing confidence in the deal by developing deal models, deal analytics or restructuring modelling
- CFO Office - delivering insight and increasing transparency through strategic planning, short term forecasting and dynamic board reporting
- CEO Office - delivering value creation opportunities using intelligent analytics eg product profitability, pricing, sales force effectiveness and strategic option analysis
About the role:
As a Senior Associate, you will be supporting a broad range of analytical assignments, stretching yourself across many different industry sectors and engaging directly with the senior management team and investors of our clients.
Your first assignment may be working with CFOs or CEOs to:
- Support investors secure their funding needs on a high profile acquisition.
- Assess shareholder return by implementing rapid analytics to assess the value drivers of the target business.
- Guide management's pricing decisions by evaluating the impact of price on margins and volume.
- Understand the performance of different customers and products by applying techniques such as cohort analysis and clustering.
Your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Clear and concise communication of complex concepts and their business benefits to internal and external senior management, from a range of backgrounds and business areas, to help clients make robust, evidence based decisions.
- Working in multidisciplinary teams directly with our clients to use data analysis, visualisation and modelling to support the Deal process.
- Designing processes to collect or extract data from disparate information streams (e.g.from client systems, transactional data, management reports) and the ability to connect the dots and turn them into structured, consistent datasets which can be analysed to create engaging and insightful outputs for our clients.
- Developing models which help solve Deals clients' business issues in a way which complements traditional analysis.
- Researching new products and tools, and implementing suitable techniques to solve the specific client problem and deal with potential data availability, quality or accuracy.
- Drafting reports and presentations and using data visualisation to explain findings.
- If you are naturally inquisitive, have an analytical mind and enjoy solving problems in a rigorous and logical manner, for a variety of different businesses then this is the role for you.
- You will be engaging directly with senior members of our clients, solving their business problems and helping them generate value.
- To be considered you must have a degree in a technical or analytical based subject (e.g. Maths, Computational Sciences, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Accounting and Finance etc). or equivalent.
You will need significant experience demonstrating a number of the following skills:
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude, possess both financial and commercial acumen and enjoy problem solving to understand the drivers of a business, analyse their data and use this to provide insight and advice to our clients.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and self starter mentality, and be comfortable with a degree ambiguity with little supervision to come up with creative solutions to complex problems and develop these ideas into structured deliverable projects.
- The ability to manage time, prioritise tasks, self review your work and produce deliverables of a high quality under tight client deadlines in time pressured environments.
- A strong desire to acquire and share technical knowledge with colleagues and clients, and proven experience of doing this in your previous role.
- Passion for technology and new tools and applying and developing yourself to new areas (e.g. quickly getting up to speed with tools, analytical approaches and business challenges).
- Build collaborative working relationships at all levels, establishing credibility both internally and externally.
The following skills are also desirable:
- Ability to deliver rapid, pragmatic, value orientated advice and tools in a consulting environment.
- Experience with assisting business development activities through working on bids and proposal responses.
- Experience working in a Deal environment.
- An understanding of basic accounting principles.
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
The skills we look for in future employees:
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients.
These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society.
We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we are open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.