Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career within Forensics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients protect their business in today's evolving landscape by applying advanced and strategic approaches to information management. We focus on assisting organisations manage vast amounts of electronic data and navigate the legal and business processes demanded by critical events which includes litigation, regulatory requests and internal investigations.
PwC Managers in the Digital Forensics & eDiscovery team lead projects and work alongside clients in crisis. They apply cutting edge techniques to solve complex problems and apply smart data-driven solutions to our client's issues. A part of our team, you could be detecting fraud, insider trading or employee misconduct, or working alongside lawyers on litigations and regulatory matters.
You will utilise your experience and apply the EDRM life-cycle, and own elements of an eDiscovery workflow on complex projects. You will coach and mentor junior staff, and manage projects via effective delegation and resourcing. You will design workflows and manage budgets, leverage your relationships and networks, and deliver on bespoke iconic projects.
We are ready to respond to crisis events all over the world. We specialise in forensically capturing and understanding huge volumes of unstructured data such as emails, Office documents and instant chat messages which can be collected from computers, servers, the cloud and smartphones or tablets. Answering questions like: Who spoke to whom? How well did these people know each other? What did a person know and when?
You will manage multiple concurrent and high profile projects and work alongside recognised industry specialists in computer forensics, data analytics, information management, electronic discovery, and disclosure. You'll oversee junior team members on eDiscovery techniques and software, utilising your experience and applying best practice methodology, and support the senior leadership in project management.
In the UK alone we have more than 65 technology practitioners working from dedicated secure forensic laboratories in Belfast, Birmingham, Leeds and London.
You will be using leading forensic tools, such as EnCase, Nuix and Relativity, and query structured data, using SQL and Elasticsearch. We advise our clients on technical concepts in an easy to understand manner, and then present our findings through reports, public speaking and data visualisation. You will be overseeing research into new products, tools and techniques and streamline internal processes and methods of presenting results to clients. As we look to harness artificial intelligence, robotics and machine learning to assist our clients, you'll have the opportunity to lead and implement these technologies to solve real life issues.
You will grow your network, build strong relationships with clients and senior members of the team. You will be responsible for business development activities, generating revenue opportunities, and will produce thought leadership pieces.
- If you are naturally inquisitive, have an analytical mind and enjoy solving problems, we would be interested in talking to you.
- Candidates should also be prepared to travel as many of our opportunities may require team members to work at PwC offices and client sites across the Middle East region.
- You'll need to have a 2.1 degree or above in a Technology related discipline e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Maths, Physics, Computer Forensics or Artificial Intelligence, or, demonstrate that you have relevant work experience.
- You will need to have over five years of relevant work experience in eDiscovery or similar field, preferably with experience of working in a large professional services environment.
- Competent and have experience of at least one or more data collection tool, e.g. EnCase, FTK, and Nuix, and a document review platform e.g. Relativity, Recommind, Stratify, Clearwell and Ringtail.
- In depth knowledge of the eDiscovery process, including the skills to consult with clients on each stage of the EDRM life-cycle.
- Strong logical reasoning, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Working experience of quality checking and verification of deliverables.
- Being an articulate and confident communicator, both orally and written. Experience of structuring and drafting final versions of formal forensic reports, and proficient in the use of reporting and presentation software (Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with forecasting, budgeting and invoicing.
- Technically minded, with knowledge of PC functions (e.g. hardware components, networks) and software skills (e.g. various operating systems).
- Have knowledge and debugging experience with data query and programming languages, such as SQL, C#, VBA and/or Python.
- Proven business development skills to generate revenue opportunities with existing and new clients.
- Fluent English speaker
- Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA), EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE) or equivalent eDiscovery certifications.
- Draft witness statements and/or expert witness experience.
- Fluent Arabic speaker
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.