Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Line of Service Overview
Realizing the potential of your mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets transactions.
Deals are an opportunity - for faster growth, stronger capabilities and dramatic transformation. Harnessing this potential requires foresight that only comes from a deep fluency in deals. Whether you're looking to find new opportunities today or ensure your future place, PwC can help.
Business Unit Overview
Our rapidly-growing Financial Crime team supports many of the firm's leading clients, largely within the banking and financial services sector. We cover a broad range of financial crime-related work for clients, including reviewing compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements, undertaking sanctions and transaction monitoring reviews.
We are looking for a senior, experienced financial crime technology practitioner to join our growing Middle East Financial Crime team.
We are specifically looking for the following skills and experience:
- Extensive knowledge in banking IT systems.
- Experience in system implementation and/or product development (Agile and Waterfall methodologies)
- Experience in the current state assessment, optimisation and implementation of vendor software including transaction monitoring systems, sanctions screening and fraud prevention/detection systems
- Experience reviewing data flows within financial crime technology solutions including data profiling and quality assessments
- Experience in analysing vast quantities of data using Data Analytics applications such as (SQL, Alteryx, R, Python, Tableau and PowerBI)
- Preferably experienced in big data technologies such Hadoop and NoSQL databases, Lucene, Elastic search
- Experience in AML/Compliance transformation programmes
- Be able to provide subject matter expertise / support on a range of financial crime engagements
- Preferably have knowledge of the local market in the Middle East and/or local relationships
- Capable of developing new financial crime technology propositions and actively taking them to market
What is in it for you?
You will be supporting the growth of our broader Financial Crime practice, supported by our team of specialist practitioners.
You will be encouraged to continuously develop your career and grow within the team; and you will encourage others to do the same. You will work in an environment where you will be encouraged to be dynamic and imaginative with the emphasis always on serving clients' needs.
The role will be based in Dubai, however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations within the Middle East and beyond, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.