Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Our Healthcare Strategy team offers strategic advice to a broad range of stakeholders - healthcare operators, pharmaceuticals and life sciences organizations, leading private equity houses, family offices, major banks, finds, and companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions or investment opportunities. We deliver deep strategic, commercial and operational insights to help clients think through investment/divestment decisions about businesses. We advise our clients on critical operational and transformational challenges around Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activity that are focus on deal value (EBITDA) driven initiatives. We also evaluate business plans and company strategies against market performance and competitor strength, to deliver a rigorous appraisal of a business' commercial and operational outlook. Our main focus is to deliver top strategy-led solutions to our clients.
As a Senior Consultant within the Strategy team, your responsibilities will include:
- Solving clients' problems critically, structuring analyses, applying analytical frameworks, and conceptualizing strategy development.
- Assuming responsibility for components of engagements and collaborating with team members to deliver solutions.
- Leading work from junior members of the team and coaching them to deliver results in line with PwC's standards of excellence.
- Contributing to engagement planning and ensuring high quality of related deliverables for each engagement.
- Driving content development for deliverable(s).
- Researching, aggregating and analyzing data; synthesizing large quantities of information; extracting meaningful insights and making recommendations.
- Supporting internal and business development activities for senior management.
- Recognizing and communicating opportunities to sell add-on work to client.
- Managing documentation of client engagements in a structure and timely manner for internal auditing purposes.
- Drawing on the firm's network of subject matter experts to support your work.
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a strategy consulting firm or working in an environment where the same skills have been developed. Experience in the Pharmaceuticals industry (Big Pharma or Generics), and Healthcare enterprises will be a plus.
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude including modelling, possess both financial and commercial acumen and enjoy problem solving to understand the drivers of a business, analyze their data and use this to provide insight and advice to our clients
- The ability to manage time, prioritize tasks, self-review your work and produce deliverables of a high quality under tight client deadlines in time pressured environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English. Multilingual / Arabic is a plus.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates.
- Education: Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university with high scores (top 10% in class and/or above 3.7/4 CGPA). MBA from top business school is preferred, though not essential
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.