Job description / Role
Line of Service
Delivering Deal Value
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview:
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 223,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview:
PwC is the largest professional services firm in the Middle East with over 4,200 employees offering unparalleled range of expert capabilities from Strategy through to Deals, Consulting, Tax and Assurance Services. PwC operates across 12 countries in the region and serves both public and private sector clients. Within PwC, our Deals line of service helps organizations execute successful deals and create value through strategy definition and due diligence for domestic and cross-border M&A, divestitures and spin-offs, capital markets transactions like IPOs and debt offerings, and bankruptcies and other business reorganizations.
Deals Strategy &Operations Overview:
Deals Strategy & Operations (DS&O) provides strategic and operational advice across the deal continuum from setting the deal strategy to post-deal execution. Examples of services we undertake include advising funds on developing the right strategy, identifying issues and points of negotiation and value, executing the deal seamlessly, and implementing changes to deliver synergies and improvements post integration. Our team includes a diverse mix of profiles with people with relevant strategy, investment, and operations experience combined with deep industry expertise. Our clients include regional and international corporates, leading private equity houses, family offices, major banks and investment funds, and government entities.
DS&O is seeking to hire a Director to work closely with the leadership to develop the Financial Services (FS) vertical, and work across a range of Deals advisory assignments from commercial / business diligence to transaction advisory in joint ventures & alliances.
As a Director within the DDV team, your responsibilities will include:
- Taking a lead role in new business development and pursuit activities, including client lead maturation, proposal development, and closing new business opportunities.
- Building solid team with FS sector expertise.
- Leading the successful delivery of projects, which can include multiple projects at a time, and driving the key hypotheses of the team.
- Be the main point of contact for our clients to build relationships and with the project manager for day-to- day activities.
- Structuring and ensuring the development of reports encompassing the relevant analysis, findings and recommendations.
- Project budgeting and finance management, along with coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients.
- Developing value propositions for the clients by anticipating their future needs and the competitor landscape.
- Supporting on business development efforts across key geographies in the GCC and within the FS sectors sub-sectors.
- Significant experience of more than 12 years in Financial Services, with a focus on strategy, business transformation and/or operational consulting, from either a pure strategy consulting firm, Big 4 firm, or experience in the strategy or operations department in a corporate environment.
- In-depth understanding of mergers, integrations, spin-offs and, or divestiture transactions, including options analyses, recommendations and implementation, ideally from an integration perspective.
- Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and success in managerial roles providing transaction-related services such as operational due diligence, post-merger integration, carve-out or operational turnaround to large company and private equity fund clients.
- Demonstrates ability to build relationships with clients and teams.
- Commercial exposure in negotiation and consultation directly with clients.
- Proven experience of coaching junior team members.
- Evidence of contributing to the wider team and leading on successful business development opportunities.
- The ability to build collaborative working relationships at all levels, establishing credibility both internally and externally.
- Strong problem-solving and organisational skills, having the ability to prioritize work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines in a fast pace deals environment.
- Comfort around high level financial analysis and understanding of the key operational drivers.
- Experience in managing project's budget and profit.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English. Arabic is a plus.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates.
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university with high scores (top 10% in class and/or above 3.6/4 CGPA);
- MBA from top business school is preferred, though not essential.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.