Job description / Role
Line of Service
Delivering Deal Value
Job Description & Summary
PwC Middle East Overview
PwC is the largest professional services firm in the Middle East with over 4,200 employees offering unparalleled range of expert capabilities from Strategy through to Deals, Consulting, Tax and Assurance Services. PwC operates across 12 countries in the region and serves both public and private sector clients. Within PwC, our Deals line of service helps organizations execute successful deals and create value through strategy definition and due diligence for domestic and cross-border M&A, divestitures and spin-offs, capital markets transactions like IPOs and debt offerings, and bankruptcies and other business reorganizations.
Deals Strategy & Operations Overview
Deals Strategy & Operations (DSO) provides strategic and operational advice across the deal continuum from setting the deal strategy to post-deal execution. Examples of services we undertake include advising funds on strategic decisions, supporting businesses in conducting commercial and operational due diligence on potential target acquisitions, developing business plans and corporate strategies, assessing feasibilities of potential investments, and advise our clients on critical operational and transformational challenges around Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activity that are focus on deal value (EBITDA) driven initiatives. Our team includes a diverse mix of profiles with people with relevant strategy, investment, and operations experience combined with deep industry expertise. Our clients include regional and international corporates, leading private equity houses, family offices, major banks and investment funds, and government entities.
The Delivering Deal Value (DDV) team is part of the DS&O business unit. Our fast growing practice is looking to double the team in the next 12 to 18 months. It focuses on providing support for potential, actual transactions and assists clients in all operational integration aspects of the transaction, pre and post completion.
As a Senior Manager within the DDV team, your responsibilities will include
- Leading the successful delivery of projects, which may include multiple projects at a time, while leading a team of consultants
- Framing and understanding key client issues, client processes and mandate, and defining realistic expectations for the client and team
- Be the main point of contact for our clients to build relationships and with the project manager for day-to-day activities
- Project budgeting and finance management
- Structuring and ensuring the development of written reports encompassing the relevant analysis, findings and recommendations
- Managing client expectations and ensuring that the scope of work is completed to PwC's standards of excellence
- Building long lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to identify value add opportunities for existing and potential clients
- Contributing to the wider business unit through business development initiatives, knowledge sharing, recruitment, mentoring, training, and other activities
- Develop at least 1-2 deep sector knowledge in the region and leverage PwC global sector expertise to support business development activities
- Years of Experience : Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in a strategy consulting firm, private equity, investment fund, or other environments where similar skills have been developed
- Proven extensive knowledge and success in managerial roles providing transaction-related services
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships at all levels, establishing credibility both, internally with senior management, and externally with our clients
- Commercial exposure in negotiation and consultation directly with clients and evidence of leading on successful business development opportunities
- Strong time management and organizing skills; having the ability to prioritise workload across team members while being resilient and able to cope well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Technical skills including but not limited to: financial analysis, business performance analysis, report structuring and delivery
- Experience including but not limited to: operational due diligence, post-merger integration, carve-out, operational turnaround
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Language Skills: Fluent in English. Multilingual/Arabic is a plus.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university with high scores (top 10% in class and/or above 3.6/4 CGPA):
- MBA from top business school is preferred, though not essential
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.