Job description / Role
Position Deals, Deals, Strategy, & Operations - Consumer Goods - Director - Dubai
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Deals Strategy practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world's leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team helps companies navigate the accounting and financial reporting challenges of business combinations. As part of the team, you'll develop roadmaps of the driving economic objectives, determine the appropriate professionals needed, and consider financial reporting implications for deals.
About the team
Deals Strategy & Operations (DS&O) provides strategic and operational advice across the deal continuum from setting the deal strategy to post-deal execution. Examples of services we undertake include advising funds on developing the right strategy, identifying issues and points of negotiation and value, executing the deal seamlessly, and implementing changes to deliver synergies and improvements post integration.
What to consider before applying
- This role requires the candidate to be based out of our Dubai or Riyadh office
As a DSO Consumer Goods Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Consumer Goods is a focused vertical within our Consumer Markets practice that includes Agri, Food, Personal Care and Home Care.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work on transactions pre and post deal related to the Consumer Goods vertical of our Deals Consumer Market practice
- Complete deal strategy, market assessments and commercial viability for mergers and acquisitions in the Consumer Goods space
- Work on value creation mandates for both principal investors and portfolio companies
- Overseeing the successful delivery of projects, which may include multiple projects at a time
- Managing the client relationship on a day-to-day basis including other stakeholders
- Structuring and ensuring the development of reports encompassing the relevant analysis, findings and recommendations
- Supporting on business development efforts across key geographies in the GCC
- Project budgeting and management, along with coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients
- Building long lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to identify value add opportunities for existing and potential clients
- Developing value propositions for the clients by anticipating their future needs and the competitor landscape
- Keeping up to date with current trends across the Consumer Goods industries, from the region and from across the world, and understanding how these impact our clients
- Drive thought leadership on topics that are relevant to Consumer Goods industries in the region, with an emphasis on investments and value creation
- Extensive experience in the Consumer Goods space preferably from a mix of consulting and industry
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and success in managerial roles providing transaction-related services such as market assessments, CDDs, ODDs, post-merger integration, carve-out or operational turnaround to large agricultural clients.
- Eager to to build relationships with clients and teams
- Open to build collaborative working relationships at all levels, establishing credibility both internally and externally
- Proven experience of coaching team members
- Evidence of contributing to the wider team and leading on successful business development opportunities
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines in a fast paced Deals environment
- Comfortable managing project's budget and profit
- Managing project workstreams and developing proposals, deliverables and reports using the Google suite
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.