Deals Strategy & Operations Manager
Job description / Role
Deals, Deals Strategy & Operations - Industrial Manufacturing and Automotive - Manager - Dubai
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Deals Strategy practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world's leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team helps companies navigate the accounting and financial reporting challenges of business combinations. As part of the team, you'll develop roadmaps of the driving economic objectives, determine the appropriate professionals needed, and consider financial reporting implications for deals.
DSO - Industrial Manufacturing and Automotive
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Deals Strategy & Operations Overview
Our Deals Strategy & Operations (DSO) team offers strategic advice to a broad range of stakeholders - regional and international corporates, leading private equity houses, family offices, major banks, funds, government entities, and companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions or investment opportunities. We deliver deep strategic, commercial and operational insights to help clients think through investment/divestment decisions about businesses. We advise our clients on critical operational and transformational challenges, and evaluate business plans and company strategies against market performance and competitor strength, to deliver a rigorous appraisal of a business' commercial and operational outlook. Our main focus is to deliver top strategy-led solutions to our clients.
As a Manager within the DSO team, your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the successful delivery of projects, which may include multiple projects at a time, while leading a team of 3-4 consultants
- Framing and understanding key client issues, client processes and mandate, defining realistic expectations for the client, team, and PwC
- Managing the client relationship on a day-to-day basis and other stakeholders
- Structuring and ensuring the development of written reports encompassing the relevant analysis, findings and recommendations
- Managing client expectations and ensuring that the scope of work, as agreed upon within the contract, is completed to PwC's standards of excellence
- Managing project budget, reporting on project costs, and managing payment collection
- Support in driving the business development agenda in a focused industry, including leading pitches and proposal work
- Contributing to the wider business unit through knowledge sharing, recruitment, mentoring, training and other activities
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in a strategy consulting firm, experience in the strategy or operations department in a corporate environment, or working in an environment where the same skills have been developed
- Previous experience of leading teams and delivering projects through to completion
- Proven experience of coaching junior team members
- Evidence of contributing to a wider team and leading on business development opportunities
- The ability to build collaborative working relationships at all levels, establishing credibility both, internally with senior management, and externally with our clients
- Strong time management and organizing skills; having the ability to prioritise workload across team members while being resilient and able to cope well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Technical skills including but not limited to: financial modelling, report structuring and delivery
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Language Skills: Fluent in English. Multilingual/Arabic is a plus.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates
- Past experience with clients in the industrial manufacturing or automotive industries will be preferred
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university with high scores (top 10% in class and/or above 3.7/4 CGPA)
- MBA from top business school is preferred, though not essential
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.