Job description / Role
Deals, Strategy, & Operations - Energy, Utilities, & Resources - Senior Associate - Dubai
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Deals Strategy & Operations - Energy, Utilities, & Resources - Senior Consultant
Deals Strategy & Operations Overview
Our Deals Strategy & Operations (DSO) team offers strategic advice to a broad range of stakeholders - regional and international corporates, leading private equity houses, family offices, major banks, funds, government entities, and companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions or investment opportunities.
We deliver deep strategic, commercial and operational insights to help clients think through investment/divestment decisions about businesses. We advise our clients on critical operational and transformational challenges, and evaluate business plans and company strategies against market performance and competitor strength, to deliver a rigorous appraisal of a business' commercial and operational outlook. Our main focus is to deliver top strategy-led solutions to our clients.
- As a Senior Consultant within the DSO team, your responsibilities will include:
- Solving clients; problems through: structuring analyses, applying analytical frameworks, and conceptualizing strategy development
- Taking ownership of components of engagements and collaborating with team members to deliver thorough and well-structured reports
- Leading work for junior members of the team and coaching them to deliver at high standards
- Researching, aggregating and analysing data; synthesizing large quantities of information; extracting meaningful insights to provide recommendations to our clients
- Conducting complex analysis on excel and developing financial models
- Supporting internal business development activities
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant experience in a strategy consulting firm, private equity, investment fund, or other environments where similar skills have been developed
- Candidate must have 3+ years of advisory or Energy, Utilities, & Resources industry experience.
- Technical skills to include one or more: CDDs, M&A/Investment experience, Market/Feasibility assessment, Corporate strategy, etc.
- Exceptional analytical, commercial, and problem solving skills that will allow to understand the drivers of a business, analyse their data and use this to provide insight and advice to our clients
- Technical skills including but not limited to: financial modelling, report structuring and delivery
- The ability to manage time, prioritise tasks, self-review your work and produce deliverables of a high quality under tight client deadlines in time pressured environments
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Language Skills: Fluent in English. Multilingual/Arabic is a plus.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates
- Education from top tier universities in MENA / UK / Europe / North America, and a GPA of 3.5 / 4 or above; or 2:1 or above
- MBA from a top business school is preferred, though not essential.
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.