Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Deals Strategy practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world's leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team helps companies navigate the accounting and financial reporting challenges of business combinations. As part of the team, you'll develop roadmaps of the driving economic objectives, determine the appropriate professionals needed, and consider financial reporting implications for deals.
Job Description & Summary
Deals Strategy & Operations (DS&O) provides strategic and operational advice across the deal continuum from setting the deal strategy to post-deal execution. Examples of services we undertake include advising funds on strategic decisions, supporting businesses in conducting commercial due diligence on potential target acquisitions, developing business plans and corporate strategies, and assessing feasibilities of potential investments. Our team includes a diverse mix of profiles with people with relevant strategy, investment, and operations experience combined with deep industry expertise. Our clients include regional and international corporates, leading private equity houses, family offices, major banks and investment funds, and government entities.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience in a strategy consulting firm, private equity, investment fund, or other environments where similar skills have been developed
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of, and/or proven record of success in, commercial due diligence or corporate strategy roles, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, private equity or corporate organizations, emphasizing the following:
- Understanding various facets of mergers, integrations, spin-offs and/or divestiture transactions, including options analyses and recommendations; and,
- Assisting clients with strategic planning and business reviews; growth, market entry and international expansion; and market opportunity sizing.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities, and/or proven record of success with, managing and developing strategic client relationships while providing the highest quality client work across multiple client projects:
- Building solid and collaborative relationships with team members and fostering a productive teamwork environment;
- Taking an active role in new business development and pursuit activities, including client lead maturation, proposal development, and closing new business opportunities;
- Delivering significant business results that reflect strategic and creative thinking and individual initiative;
- Managing complex projects while functioning as a trusted advisor at the highest levels of client organizations;
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships;
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex data, including Market and competitor analysis (market sizing, drivers and dynamics), customer analysis and internal analysis (strategic analysis, business model reviews, and financials);
- Developing high-impact work plans: prioritizing issues that drive the answer, developing creative ways to prove or disprove hypotheses, estimating time and resourcing required for work modules;
- Managing multi-resource engagements: using work plans to manage day-to-day execution, removing roadblocks, proactively asking for help, effectively communicating up, down and laterally;
- Improving work processes: proactively finding standard-setting for engagement execution, codifying and sharing new insights;
- Providing direction, coaching and guidance to junior resources;
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of audiences, clients and internal staff and management;
- Synthesizing issues for leadership team;
- Managing project workstreams and developing proposals, deliverables and reports using the Microsoft suite of applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Multi-tasking and balancing time effectively, keeping a rapid pace without sacrificing quality; and,
- Understanding advanced analytics and big data is preferred.
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university with high scores (top 10% in class and/or above 3.6/4 CGPA)
- MBA from top business school is preferred, though not essential
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.