Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
About the team
Financial Decisions and Analysis (FDnA) is one of our highest growth teams, having doubled in size over the last 4 years and are central to supporting some of PwC's key growth initiatives. We bring together best in class financial modelling and the application of leading edge modelling and analytical techniques to help our clients make good decisions and solve problems. We work on some of the most high profile deals in the market, across a wide range of clients and sectors.
We are now looking to recruit a Director to join our forward thinking team to help drive us forward on our growth path. We are looking for someone with a commercial mind-set who can quickly get to the crux of business issues and can deliver commercially "game changing" insight to our clients and enhance the Deal value through compelling analysis.
Every assignment is different, but we broadly define our offering under the key headings:
- Deal Analytics - increasing confidence in the deal by developing deal models, deal analytics or restructuring modelling
- CFO Office - delivering insight and increasing transparency through strategic planning, short term forecasting and dynamic board reporting
- CEO Office - delivering value creation opportunities focused on profitability analysis, strategic option analysis and pricing strategy
About the role:
As a Director, you will be driving a broad range of assignments, stretching yourself across many different industry sectors and engaging directly with the senior management team and investors of our clients.
Your first assignment may be working with CFOs or CEOs of leading Private Equity backed or FTSE listed businesses to:
- Assess shareholder return by implementing rapid analytics to assess the value drivers of the target business
- Help a newly carved out business implement the reporting, planning and analytics tools they need to be day one ready and deliver on the value in their equity plan
- Guide management's pricing decisions by evaluating the impact of price on margins and volume
- Understand the performance of different customers and products by applying techniques such as cohort analysis and clustering, which can be a one off exercise or for ongoing use.
This is a very rewarding role, to work in a high performing team and will provide exposure to a broad range of businesses across all sectors, each with a unique set of challenges.
You will need significant experience demonstrating a number of the following skills:
- Strong financial/ business/ economic modelling skills, with a proven ability to create robust and flexible financial and/ or econometric models based on client requirements.
- Exceptional numerical and analytical skills, with a demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- High interpersonal and communications skills, with a focus on building internal and external networks.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to new challenges in a collaborative team environment
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the fields of valuations, financial or economic/econometric modelling.
- Experience in and a passion for the financial services industry.
- The ability and willingness to get involved with business development.
- The ability to develop and manage junior team members effectively and positively.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.