Deals, Transaction Services - Real Estate Valuation - Associate
Job description / Role
Deals, Transaction Services - Real Estate Valuation - Associate - Dubai
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Valuations practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organizations realize the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world's leading companies originate, create, execute, and realize value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Within the practice, the UAE valuations team represents a group of more than 20 professionals based mainly in the Dubai office, working across various industry verticals as required. We also work collaboratively with the regional valuation team members and provide support on large complex regional valuation engagements. You could be working remotely with colleagues anywhere in the region.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
You will enjoy potential for fast personal development in a dynamic team by playing an important role within the local and regional valuations practice. From the outset you will be exposed to a diverse range of challenging valuation work across industry sectors including company share valuations and/or financial instruments and valuations of intangible assets. Interaction with senior colleagues and senior client individuals will also provide plenty of opportunity for candidates to build business development and marketing skills.
• Assist senior associates/ managers/senior manager/directors in carrying out valuation engagements
• Engage with clients and other PwC lines of service on a day to day basis
• Present valuation findings internally and, where required externally to clients
• Build a network around your peer group internally within PwC and externally
• Carry out financial modeling assignments in Excel, Argus or Estate Master as part of the valuation process
• Prepare substantial written sections of valuation reports which supports the valuation conclusion
• Working with colleagues across all lines of services to deliver valuations alongside other services provided by PwC
• Carry out property inspections and source market data
• Carry out reviews of third party valuation reports
• Although you would be based in the UAE, a degree of flexibility in traveling between regional offices may be required as part of the role
We are looking for an individual at Associate level who has an excellent track record and meets the following criteria:
Work and academic background:
• 1-3 years of previous commercial work experience ideally in a leading international real estate firm
• MRICS qualification and Master/Bachelors' degree in Real Estate investment/surveying is preferred
• Hands on financial modelling experience with proficiency in Ms Excel, Argus & Estate Master.
• A strong understand and practical experience using the 5 methods of valuation (investment, comparable, profits, residual and DRC)
• Experience valuing various types of real estate (retail, office, industrial, hotels and master planned developments etc.)
Other Required Attributes
• Strong analytical skills but tempered with an ability to think laterally
• Ability to deliver high quality written work
• Strong attention to detail combined with an ability to see the big picture
• Ability to work effectively in teams
• Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
• Ability to quickly grasp key business drivers and specific valuation issues
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.