Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services Deals Valuation practice, within Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for complex financial reporting issues around deals and other transformational events. You'll tackle client's needs with a solution oriented approach that creatively addresses complex financial reporting problems for high profile transactions and you'll have significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisers.
Our team helps organisations unlock greater deal value by providing robust value opinions and transaction model business advisory. As a part of the team, you'll research financial risks, provide forecast analysis, and develop financial models that assists our team in providing fair and accurate valuation advice and ultimately helps our clients enhance their deal value.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the purpose of due diligence, and the distinction between audit, DD, corporate finance and valuation work.
- Following a brief introduction to an assignment by a senior team member, displays an understanding of the link between the key deal drivers/risks and the scope of work, and applies this understanding to his/her analysis by focusing on the scope, deliverables and ultimate objectives. Can clearly articulate why a particular piece of analysis is of importance. Capable of taking responsibility for defined areas of a scope, to include development of analysis, preparation of questions for target management, and participation in meetings with management.
- Shows an awareness of materiality in developing analysis and preparing questions.
- Begins to demonstrate innovative ideas for useful analysis and presentation styles.
- Adopts a skeptical mindset and common sense in equal measure in establishing the underlying drivers of balances or movements, refusing to accept explanations which make little sense.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the attributes of good report writing and is capable of drafting straightforward slides.
- Takes responsibility for managing their own time and outputs based on the broader engagement timeline.
- Consults with senior team members where necessary, but is willing to offer an opinion or proposed solution where practical.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business, Accounting or other related major
- Should be a qualified CA/ACCA or equivalent (or studying towards this qualification)
- You will have an outstanding academic record from a well-recognized institution
- 3+ years' experience in a financial due diligence or audit
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.