Job description / Role
Deals, Transaction Services - Valuations - Senior Associate - Dubai
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Who we are looking for:
Do you have strong financial analysis skills, combined with an ability to see the commercial "Big Picture"? Are you comfortable with financial models but equally interested in the strategic decisions which drive business value? We have an excellent opportunity to join our Dubai office as a Senior Associate in the Valuation team.
About the role
As part of the leading global valuation practice with over 1,700 dedicated valuation professionals in 50 countries, we have the right people to support clients for various different type of valuation related work. Our Middle East valuations team operates on a regional basis but with team members based in each territory who understand the local market dynamics.
Within the practice, the UAE valuations team represents a group of more than 20 professionals based mainly in the Dubai office, working across various industry verticals as required. We also work collaboratively with the regional valuation team members and provide support on large complex regional valuation engagements. You could be working remotely with colleagues anywhere in the region.
You will enjoy potential for fast personal development in a dynamic team by playing an important role within the local and regional valuations practice. From the outset you will be exposed to a diverse range of challenging valuation work across industry sectors including company share valuations and/or financial instruments and valuations of intangible assets. Interaction with senior colleagues and senior client individuals will also provide plenty of opportunity for candidates to build business development and marketing skills.
- Assist managers/senior manager/directors in carrying out valuation engagements
- Engage with clients on a day to day basis for carrying out the valuation fieldwork
- Provide support to junior team members in guiding and reviewing their work outputs
- Present valuation findings internally and, where required externally to clients
- Build a network around your peer group internally within PwC and externally
More specifically your role will involve:
- Carry out financial modelling assignments as part of the valuation process
- Prepare detailed analysis of peer group across a wide variety of industry sectors
- Prepare substantial written sections of valuation reports which supports the valuation conclusion
- Working with colleagues across all lines of services to deliver valuations alongside other services provided by PwC
- Although you would be based in the UAE, a degree of flexibility in travelling between regional offices maybe required as part of the role.
We are looking for an individual at Senior Associate level who has an excellent track record and meets the following criteria:
Work and academic background:
- 3-4 years of previous commercial, client-facing valuation work experience ideally in a big four
- ACA, CFA or ACCA qualified and/or Master/Bachelors's degree in Finance/Accounting
- Hands on financial modelling experience with proficiency in Ms Excel
- Experience with PowerBi, Tableau will be a plus
Other required attributes:
- Strong analytical skills but tempered with an ability to think laterally
- Ability to deliver high quality written work
- Strong attention to detail combined with an ability to see the big picture
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
- Ability to quickly grasp key business drivers and specific valuation issues
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.