Job description / Role
Deals, Transaction Services - Valuations - Senior Manager - UAE
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Who were looking for
Do you have strong financial analysis skills, combined with an ability to see the commercial "Big Picture"? Are you comfortable with financial models but equally interested in the strategic decisions which drive business value? We have an excellent opportunity to join our Dubai office as an experienced Senior Manager in the Valuation's team.
About the role
As part of the leading global valuation practice with over 1,700 dedicated valuation professionals in 50 countries, we have the right people to support clients for various different type of valuation related work. Our Middle East valuations team operates on a regional basis but with team members based in each territory who understand the local market dynamics.
Within the practice, the UAE valuations team represents a group of more than 20 professionals based mainly in the Dubai office, working across various industry verticals as required. We also work collaboratively with the regional valuation team members and provide support on large complex regional valuation engagements. You could be working remotely with colleagues anywhere in the region.
You will enjoy potential for fast personal development in a dynamic team by playing an important role within the local and regional valuations practice. From the outset you will be exposed to a diverse range of challenging valuation work across industry sectors including company share valuations and/or financial instruments and valuations of intangible assets. Interaction with senior colleagues and senior client individuals will also provide plenty of opportunity for candidates to build business development and marketing skills.
- Assist partners/directors in carrying out complex valuation engagements
- Manage teams, projects and clients on a day to day basis
- Guide the team (managers/senior associates) and review work outputs
- Present valuation findings internally and externally to senior c-suite members of the client's management
- Build a network around your peer group internally within PwC and externally
- Build and develop your own client portfolio
- Assist partners in external and internal business development
- Coach and train junior team members
- Drive certain initiatives alongside the partner in delivering initiatives such as digitalization, value creation etc
- Develop a sector/industry specialization focus
More specifically your role will involve:
- Delivering internal revenue targets assigned to the senior manager grade
- Reviewing financial models as part of the valuation process, and adding appropriate layers of analysis as may be required on the work delivered by the team
- Reviewing detailed financial analysis of market comparable companies across a wide variety of industry sectors
- Reviewing the report which support the valuation conclusion
- Coordinating with colleagues in Tax, Audit and Deals teams to deliver valuations alongside other services provided by PwC.
- Although you would be based in the UAE, a degree of flexibility in travelling between regional offices maybe required as part of the role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager level who has an excellent track record and meets the following criteria:
- 7-9 years of previous commercial, client-facing valuation work experience ideally in a big four with sound and in-depth technical and commercial knowledge of valuation concepts
- At least 3-4 years of experience in a managerial role with direct involvement in delivering and managing valuation engagements
- Experience of carrying out valuations for different purposes transactions, financial reporting, disputes etc)
Academic background and proficiency
- ACA, CFA or ACCA qualified and/or Master/Bachelors's degree in Finance/Accounting
- Hands on financial modelling experience with proficiency in Ms Excel
- Experience with PowerBi, Tableau will be a plus
Other necessary attributes
- Strong analytical skills but tempered with an ability to think laterally
- Ability to deliver high quality written work
- Strong attention to detail combined with an ability to see the big picture
- Ability to work effectively in teams on occasion to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
- Ability to quickly grasp key business drivers and specific valuation issues
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.