Job description / Role
The University of Balamand Dubai (UOBD) invites applications from appropriately qualified candidates to fill the following position, which is available for immediate appointment.
Dean, Faculty of Business
• The Dean is the chief academic and administrative officer of the Faculty of Business (FOB).
• He/she is responsible for setting and implementing strategies for the FOB that are consistent with UOBD’s strategic plan and that advance the FOB towards the fullest achievement of its mission.
• The Dean is also responsible for the day-to-day operating and administrative management of the FOB.
• Earned doctorate in a business discipline from an accredited / recognized Western university.
• Strong leadership and managerial qualities.
• Proven track record (7+ years) and evidence of excellence in university teaching in one or more business disciplines.
• Proven track record of scholarly and professional activity.
• Proven track record in academic administration at least at the Department Chair level.
• Experience in curriculum development.
• Experience in university and business school accreditation processes.
• Significant international and multicultural exposure.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Desired Additional Qualifications:
• Native-speaker proficiency in English (Arabic is a plus).
• Experience of significant variety and scope in managing business organizations and/or in business consulting and/or in executive training, and/or other significant exposure to the "real" business world.
• Ability to network in the local, regional and international academic, professional and business communities.
About the Company
The University of Balamand Dubai (UOBD) was established in the UAE in 2017 as a private, independent institution of higher learning, located at Dubai Investments House, Dubai Investments Park (DIP). Licensed by the Ministry of Education (MOE) of the United Arab Emirates, UOBD opened its doors in September 2018. The academic programs offered by UOBD in the different disciplines are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the MOE; new programs are under review for Initial Accreditation by the CAA. UOBD enjoys the support of Dubai Investments PJSC and builds on the long-standing reputation and legacy of the University of Balamand in Lebanon (UOB). UOBD operates as an independent institution in the UAE under an exclusive license from UOB to use the name and intellectual property of UOB. UOBD follows the North American model in the design of its programs and curricula and in its organizational setup. UOBD’s educational philosophy is based on the liberal education model, which aims to provide students with a transformative, holistic learning experience that enables them to achieve professional success, realize their personal aspirations and contribute to the advancement of society and humankind.
Lecturer in Business Admin - Management
Lectuer in Business Admin - Finance
Assistant Professor of Business (Accounting)
University of Balamand Dubai (UOBD)
Business Development Head/General Manager
Emirates Refreshments Company