Job description / Role
We are the Nestle Nespresso SA Company and are proud to be one of the fastest growing operating unit of Nestle. Our passionate, entrepreneurial-minded team has transformed Nespresso into the reference in portioned coffee and one of the world's most trusted brands. Our growth comes from our commitment to research and development in order to pioneer and be the reference in the portioned coffee sector to provide the very highest quality coffees that could be enjoyed in the comfort of consumers' own homes and also savored at out-of-home locations, such as restaurants, hotels, offices and luxury retail businesses. We guarantee quality by taking a careful, thoughtful approach in how we source our ingredients, produce and market our premium coffee products. With corporate headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, Nespresso is present in over 60 countries and counts over 12,000 employees worldwide.
Joining Nestle means you are joining the largest food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human environment - passionate people driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future.
This position will take responsibility of handling the pre-work related to Business Controlling in the Business Unit (Monthly Business Planning cycle, Selling Price calculation, preparation and analysis of actual financial results, enabling the collection of distributor's information through appropriate platforms,etc) by understanding the business and providing reliable data to support decision making to their respective Business.
Acts as the guardian of internal controls and compliance in the region.
A day in the life of
- Preparation of Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Financial Reporting Packs including reconciliations
- Enables appropriate data collection from third parties through establishing, maintaining and continuously improving external data consolidation tools and business intelligence solutions
- Review monthly topline performance and identify areas of risk to achievement of targets. Forecast and develop/follow up action plans
- Support Commercial controller in analyzing and challenging product portfolio to identify cost optimization opportunities, eliminate Value Destroyers and maximize the return on investment from TTS (Total Trade Spend) / PFME (Product Fixed Marketing Expenses) (including revised pricing structure/prices) and from the capital asset base from our distributor.
- Responsible for handling the pre-work related to the Monthly Business Planning cycle and PFME budgeting, providing transparency and direction towards target achievement at any time in the process
- Support commercial controller in selling Price Calculations, maintain proper records and master data, price communication letters and periodically monitor SAP system updates in this respect
- Monitor Trade and Marketing Spend, provide support and guidance to have good return on investment and proper allocation to product groups and countries
- Provide the required data to enable the Business Unit Controller to participate actively in the strategy development, and provide associated scenario planning to optimize shareholder value
- Provide Business process expertise to identify, decompose, and re-design processes as necessary
- Drives efficient controls/compliance at regional and distributor level through the review of processes and technical solutions available
- Acts as the first line of support to depending countries on Internal Controls. Develop data quality reviews and data analytics to check process adherence and compliance within the region
- Establishes audit plan, and coordinates continuous market assessment program
What Will Make You Successful?
- Prior experience in Finance function
- Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) or retail industry experience
- Familiar with business intelligence solutions
- Knowledge of product portfolio and brand profitability
- Degree in Business / Finance and Professional Accountancy Qualification (or studying towards) CPA, CIMA
- Minimum 5 years of experience
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nestle is the largest food and beverage company. We are 328,000 people strong driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our values are rooted in respect: respect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for our future. With more than 89.5 billion CHF in 2016, we have an expansive presence with 442 factories in more than 86 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic inclusive international working environment with many opportunities across different businesses, functions and geographies, working with diverse teams and cultures.
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.