Job description / Role
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking delivery director to join our established and growing team in UAE.
The role is required for major development in Dubai.
The delivery director will be responsible and accountable for your project. This position will provide strategic level leadership and will work with the client and project stakeholders on all key project matters. You will lead, manage and motivate the Mace team.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring the team's full compliance with Mace's scope of the project.
• Directing, managing and being fully accountable for the entire project.
• Supervising, directing and managing your team in a professional, inclusive and caring manner.
• Establishing project strategies, agreed with the client, and ensure these are captured in the project execution plan and other plans as required and are communicated, understood and complied with.
• Being a leader for matters in relation to health, safety and wellbeing on the project at all stages
• Ensuring the project planning and monitoring of the progress is in line with the strategic goals and in compliance with Mace's procedures. Ensuring reporting of issues is accurate and timely.
• Ensuring the project team develops all necessary project plans and keeps them updated and relevant over the course of the project
• Ensuring project budgets are managed and matters of concern are raised to the client, with recommendations and strategies for VE or remedies of problems where possible.
• Ensuring quality systems are in place and suitably managed and monitored
• Directing the team and chairing relevant senior meetings, ensuring these are recorded as required
• Overseeing risk management
• Ensuring the team effectively communicates with all project parties/stakeholders and ensure suitable records are maintained.
• Encouraging the team's involvement in Mace Foundation, Responsible Business and other such initiatives, all in line with Mace's vision.
• Ensuring the Mace account is always administered in a timely manner and all debt is managed.
• Being proactive in managing the happiness and well-being of your team.
• With a relevant degree qualification, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered or pursuing a similar level of professional qualification.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams.
• You will have a construction or cost consultancy or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.