Job description / Role
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
Al Futtaim Automotive are at an exciting transformational journey of going from good to great. In collaboration with the core business units, centres of excellence and enabling functions, we're supporting the organization in designing and executing its strategy, although our primary focus is delivering transformational projects on time, budget and quality, as the centre of excellence for Strategy & New Business, we also support the scrum masters, project managers and product owners across Automotive understand and adapt to effective ways of managing successful projects.
The successful candidate will be expected to drive projects in Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid methodologies, provide effective programme and project office services, including best practice guidance and standards, and effective assurance to project and programme delivery.
What you will do:
- Lead the project design phase for Automotive strategy & transformation projects, aligned to our 3-year strategy (project stages 1 to 3 - define, assess & validate)
- Deliver projects to time, cost, scope and quality (project stages 4 & 5 - implement & closure)
- Benefit realization and value management
- Risks, assumptions, issues, dependencies and decision management (RAIDD)
- Stakeholder engagement, resource management and change management
- Robust project and portfolio reporting and adherance to governance
- Project expertise & engagement to maintain PM maturity level rating of 4+
Required Skills to be successful:
- Project Management experience
- PMP certified
- Minimum 5 years' experience
- Preferred Automotive background or big 4
About the Team:
Working in a fast-paced and diverse environment, reporting directly to the Head of Strategy Execution & Delivery
What equips you for the role:
- 3+ years of professional consulting experience, typically management consultant or financial advisory back ground across variety of businesses
- Deep understanding of transformation and initiative management
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office - Ability to create high quality PowerPoint presentations and Excel analysis in timely manner
- Bachelor's degree (post graduate education preferred)
- Prior experience with project management (both Agile & Waterfall) as well as development/roll out, governance adherence to frameworks
- Understanding of the automotive industry is an advantage
- Self-starter, accountable and results-oriented: takes initiative, is able to commit to and meet established deadlines and objectives, is able to work independently as well as a team player
- Fast learner, agile, keen and capable of handling new and changing assignments, strong organizational skills are a must
- Analytical and curious: Ability to understand and interpret business contexts and complex/new scenarios/topics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills: able to present to and interact with management level and larger audiences, resolve/anticipate conflict, train and coach people
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world's most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.