Job description / Role
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
Our Demand Planner will ensure our company's operations are timely, efficient, and cost-effective. You will assist in all demand planning duties including estimating future product demand, analyzing inventory flow, and developing forecast models.
To succeed in this role, you should be professional, highly-analytical, and possess excellent communication skills. The successful candidate should also have an in-depth knowledge of advanced mathematical and forecasting practices.
Demand Planning and Analysis:
- Apply planning and forecasting techniques regarding demand and capacity and interpret and communicate results to relevant team members
- Seek new approaches to generate greater forecast accuracy and improved analysis of sales forecasts inputs
- Review sales inputs and ensure an appropriate Sales Forecast is developed and consistently renewed
- Apply planning and modelling techniques to investigate and evaluate demand scenarios and the impact of relevant constraints in order to ensure an appropriate basis is selected for the Demand Plan
- Seek opportunities to deploy improved tools and techniques to enable achievement of better plans and business decisions
- Assist in the development of the Demand Plan; determine what is required in the demand, supply and inventory plans to support business needs
- Setup and run the S&OP process within my business
- Anticipate and mitigate specific factors (demand drivers, supply constraints) relevant in my category which must be carefully managed in the S&OP process
- Devise action plans which include targeted pricing adjustments in order to achieve required outcomes such as increased sales or reduction of excess stock while managing margin and profits within acceptable levels
- Seek required support and approval for implementation of any action plans involving price adjustments and lead the implementation of those plans
- Inventory Management & Fulfilment Support
- Provide input on the optimum stock model to support agreed Demand and business plans
- Ensure that Supply Planning KPIs align with multiple stakeholders' objectives for inventory optimisation
- Identify gaps in current supply or Demand plans and propose remedial action
- Monitor supply planning adherence to demand plan
- Identify constraints and options on available space and alert the business to impending issues
What you'll need to succeed
- Able to lead top-to-top risk mitigation discussions with key supply partners
- Good understanding of major project management methodology
- Able to lead cross-functional/organisational project teams
- Familiar with the DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control) methodology of Six Sigma and with important problem solving and kaizen (continuous improvement) tools and techniques such as FMEA, fishbone analysis etc.
- Strong understanding of present and up-and-coming technologies to accelerate the value of SCM
- General awareness of procurement systems used within the industry and in-depth knowledge of current organization's system
- General awareness of demand planning systems used within the industry and in-depth knowledge of current organization's system
- Proficiency in demand planning systems and capable of delivering training initiatives
- Experience in warehouse and transportation management systems is a big plus
- 2+ years of experience
- University degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or any relevant field
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.