Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
At Chalhoub we move fast and make things happen! As a Demand Planner you will ensure our company's operations are timely, efficient, and cost-effective. You will assist in all demand planning duties including estimating future product demand, analysing inventory flow, and developing forecast models.
Demand Planning and Analysis
- Apply planning and forecasting techniques regarding demand and capacity and interpret and communicate results to relevant team members
- Seek new approaches to generate greater forecast accuracy and improved analysis of sales forecasts inputs
- Review sales inputs and ensure an appropriate Sales Forecast is developed and consistently renewed
- Apply planning and modelling techniques to investigate and evaluate demand scenarios and the impact of relevant constraints in order to ensure an appropriate basis is selected for the Demand Plan
- Seek opportunities to deploy improved tools and techniques to enable achievement of better plans and business decisions
- Assist in the development of the Demand Plan; determine what is required in the demand, supply and inventory plans to support business needs
Setup and run the S&OP process within the business
- Anticipate and mitigate specific factors (demand drivers, supply constraints) relevant in my category which must be carefully managed in the S&OP process
- Devise action plans which include targeted pricing adjustments in order to achieve required outcomes such as increased sales or reduction of excess stock while managing margin and profits within acceptable levels
- Seek required support and approval for implementation of any action plans involving price adjustments and lead the implementation of those plans
Inventory Management & Fulfilment Support
- Provide input on the optimum stock model to support agreed Demand and business plans
- Ensure that Supply Planning KPIs align with multiple stakeholders' objectives for inventory optimisation
- Identify gaps in current supply or Demand plans and propose remedial action
- Monitor supply planning adherence to demand plan
- Identify constraints and options on available space and alert the business to impending issues
What you'll need to succeed
At Chalhoub you're in the driver's seat! To succeed in this role, you will be professional, highly-analytical, and possess excellent communication skills. You should also have in-depth knowledge of advanced mathematical and forecasting practices.
- Able to lead top-to-top risk mitigation discussions with key supply partners
- Good understanding of major project management methodology
- Able to lead cross-functional/organizational project teams
- Familiar with the DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control) methodology of Six Sigma and with important problem solving and kaizen (continuous improvement) tools and techniques such as FMEA, fishbone analysis etc.
- Strong understanding of present and up-and-coming technologies to accelerate the value of SCM
- General awareness of procurement systems used within the industry and in-depth knowledge of current organization's system
- General awareness of demand planning systems used within the industry and in-depth knowledge of current organization's system
- Proficiency in demand planning systems and capable of delivering training initiatives
- Experience in warehouse and transportation management systems is a big plus
- 2+ years of experience
- University degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or any relevant field
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.