Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
Your core mission is to achieve the brand target service level within costs objectives by sizing and managing service/stock coverage on warehouse and counters for the whole region of the Middle East.
Under the supervision of the Supply & Demand Planning Manager, the Demand and Supply Planner is the interface between the Brand (Marketing, Sales, Controlling, E-commerce, Education, PR) and Logistic teams located in Dubai .
The main responsibilities will be the following:
The mission is to lead all activities enabling accurate inventory planning and replenishment, matching clients demand needs and expectations with availability, cost and cash efficiency.
- Coordinate the launch of new products and promotional campaigns
- Allocate the distribution of new products based on the On-Counter Date (OCD) and the retro planning, by correctly placing orders and by carrying out their follow up to guarantee the products availability in the stores on time and in full.
- Proactively identify & report product shortages / stocks excess risks through all planning horizons
- Monitor & maintain the MRP parameters to ensure the best compliancy of our DRP process with our current trends and seasonality
- Manage the product life cycle
SERVICE & COSTS
The mission is to find an optimal balance between service and the main costs drivers (i.e. inventory/transports)
- Maxime the presence rate at counters and guarantee the best fulfillment service level for all retailers and agents of the region
- Define and communicate the target stock level for the regional hub according to life cycle (new products, basic items, phasing out...), distribution channels and expected service level
- Control the stock level and quality - optimize the inventory depletion (sales, staff sales, returns & disposal.)
- Monitor the total transport costs for inbound/outbound (Air ratio)
PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS AND MANAGEMENT
- Analyze and provide visibility on the supply chain performance and risks for service/stock/P&L impact to Brand and Shared Service Center
- Make recommendations and lead corrective and preventive action plans to drive business metrics with key internal functional areas and key clients.
- Animate S&OP reviews with Brand and top management
- Lead ambitious supply chain project to support business growth
- Support the development of the logistics department at the agents and the retailers, by initiating and supporting improvement projects in terms of service level, stock and forecast management.
In this position, all initiatives taken to propose and conduct any continuous improvement actions/ projects (optimized tool, simplified processes, reduction of administrative workload) will be welcome and encouraged.
PROFILE PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 2-5 years' experience in Supply Chain Education
- University Degree / Master - Concentrations on Supply Chain or Logistics
- APICS certification is a plus Languages
- Fluent English
- Knowledge and understanding of Distribution / Supply Chain concepts and application
- Proficient user of the Office 365 / Business Intelligence Software
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written)
- A dynamic and proactive personality
- Ability to animate reviews with top management
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
- Internal work relations: Brand (General Management; Marketing, Sales, Controlling, E-commerce); other SSC Teams (Logistics, Controlling, Regulatory affairs; Traffics); and HQ (Supply, Forecast, Customer Service) -External work relations: Distributors & Agents; Local Planners
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.