Job description / Role
Demand & Supply Planning Manager - Middle East & Africa
About the role
As Demand & Supply Planning Manager you will be part of the regional Logistics team for LVMH Perfumes & Cosmetics Middle East and Africa. LVMH P&C MEA manages an area of 36 countries in the Middle East, Europe, Africa, and India, with subsidiaries and agents' structures, as well as 8 brands: Parfums Christian Dior, Make Up for Ever, Loewe, Acqua Di Parma, Givenchy, Kenzo, Guerlain and Benefit Cosmetics.
As a Demand & Supply Planning Manager you will be responsible for the consistent availability of the products for customers while maintaining optimum stock and operation costs. Your main responsibilities will include: sales forecasting, procurement, stock management, overseeing of the outsourced services (warehousing and traffic), downstream supply chain including improvement of logistic process at the agents and retailers level, performance reporting, costs control, new working process implementation and improvement projects.
- Provide regional sales forecasts of basic items for the 12 rolling months and focus especially on the 3 firsts.
- Prior to the On-Counter Date (OCD), provide sales forecasts of new products for the 3 first months of the launch by working closely with Merchandising, Marketing, Commercial and Finance teams in order to have the best sales forecasts accuracy.
PROCUREMENT AND STOCK MANAGEMENT
- Replenishment of basic items through the DRP process to ensure the correct placement of orders by analyzing the current level of stock on hand & in transit, the logistic strategy (stock parameters such as safety stock and lot size) and the sales forecasts.
- Replenishment of novelties based on the On-Counter Date (OCD) and the retro planning, by correctly placing orders and by carrying out their follow up to guarantee the products availability in the stores on time and in full.
- Optimize inbound freight charges by reducing the Air-Sea ratio and complying with prepack carton/pallet ordering.
OUTSOURCED SERVICES SUPERVISION
- Supervision of the relation between Logistics and its two main outsourced services, Warehousing and Traffic, in terms of lead-time, quality and costs.
- Conduct KPI review meetings: inbound and outbound preparation lead-time, inventory accuracy/order fulfillment, delivery lead-time, customers' claims, etc.
DOWNSTREAM SUPPLY CHAIN
- Support the development of the logistics department at the agents and the retailers, by initiating and supporting improvement projects in terms of service level, stock and forecast management. The aim is to ease logistic relations with clients by getting a better knowledge of their logistic results, optimizing the replenishment process and ensuring the constant availability of products in warehouses and stores.
ACTIVITY AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Coordinate demand, supply and distribution planning activities
- Define and monitor KPI and objectives, and draw corrective action plans to enhance processes, methods and tools
- Lead cross functional planning process with Company stakeholders (Sales, Regional WHS, Controlling, Finance, Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, etc.) in order to optimize company's result
- Ensure master data availability and accuracy to support business processes and data analysis.
- In close collaboration with other departments and/or logistics team members, to be a leader in different improvement projects aiming to further develop the logistics performance.
- A Bachelor or Master's degree in Logistics, successful professional experience of at least 5 years in Logistics management, Supply Planning Management and/or Demand Management is mandatory.
- Previous experiences in the Middle East and/or in the cosmetics / luxury industry is a strong advantage
- Costs and results oriented, able to work within time constraints and schedules
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to multitask by managing deadlines
- A dynamic and proactive personality, with strong communication skills
- Significant experiences in ERP system, DRP process and Forecasting Software
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be fluent in English. French and Arabic are a plus
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.