Job description / Role
Company: Nespresso - Head Office
As a Demand and Supply Planning Specialist in our Nespresso business, you are responsible for Demand and Supply Planning via the Dynamic Planning Framework for the MEA region. Acting as the central point of communication from factories through to all of your clients and colleagues, this is a crucial role ensuring the constant and accurate supply of good of the markets in the region in close collaboration with the market management and HQ Supply Chain
You will facilitate the E2E physical movement of shipments from supplier to the customer and ensuring accurate documents to be available at Customer end for clearance to enable on time receipt of stocks for sale. You will also overlook the system and ensure that along with the Physical movement of goods, the system movement of goods is managed.
A day in the life of
- Your day always starts with the Monthly Business Plan, by analyzing and communicating relevant information, highlight gaps, detail impacts of proposed actions and related tradeoffs, ensure actions and Demand Plans are realistic and achievable
- It is critical in this role to support correct shipping Instructions are communicated for the supplier to each destination to capture the right set of documents required for smooth clearance at the customer end
- If there are any risks or issues, it is your job to fix them. In the short term this may look like challenging the efficiency, but longer term you're responsible for establishing new processes to define supply requirements versus current capability to supply and be an enabler to decision making in addressing any gaps that may arise
- When everyone understands their part of the process, the whole operation works better. You are a key driver of alignment and standardization to further improve the efficiency and quality of the work we do
- You always extract - Dispatch Plan (Weekly & Monthly), Demand Plan (Weekly & Monthly), Stocks, and Actuals; compare changes of Sell-IN and Sell-OUT versus W-1 and update Latest "Landing" for the current Month (Weekly Phasing) by market/channel/group
What Will Make You Successful?
- You manage many stakeholders, both internal and external, so you need to be a confident, with an eye for detail and the ability to drive and influence.
- Strong communication skills
- You need to be an expert in Demand and/or Supply Planning in the market, have a desire to drive continuous improvement, and be able to back up your ideas with facts and stats
- You need to enjoy a role with a large scope, and be as comfortable with Import/Export activities as with International Trade, Banking Instruments, Customs Law and Regulations
- Desirable to have had exposure to LEAN concepts and tools
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 or more years of relevant demand and supply planning experience at market / business level
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.